Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Shrek 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 44%  44%  [ 7 ]
B 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 16

Shrek 2 
College Boy Z

Post Shrek 2
Shrek 2

Quote:
Shrek 2 is a 2004 American computer-animated fantasy comedy film, produced by DreamWorks Animation and directed by Andrew Adamson, Kelly Asbury and Conrad Vernon. It is the second installment in the Shrek film series and the sequel to 2001's Shrek. The film features the voices of Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Cameron Diaz, Antonio Banderas, Julie Andrews, John Cleese, Rupert Everett and Jennifer Saunders.

Like its predecessor, Shrek 2 received positive reviews. Shrek 2 scored the second-largest three day opening weekend in US history at the time of release, as well as the largest opening for an animated film until May 18, 2007, when it was eclipsed by its sequel Shrek the Third. As of 2011, it is the inflation-adjusted 31st highest-grossing film of all time in the US. It went on to be the highest-grossing film of 2004. The associated soundtrack reached the top ten of the Billboard 200. It is also the seventh highest ticket selling animated film of all time. It is DreamWorks's most successful film to date and was also the highest-grossing fully animated film of all time worldwide for six years until Toy Story 3 surpassed it in 2010.

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:25 pm
Teh Mexican

this is the funniest animated movie ever, IMO!!

its way better than the first Shrek

the pop culture jokes are great
its hilarious
and the Donkey its still the best charater in the movie :D

A-

Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:51 pm
Angels & Demons

I saw it in theatres and really enjoyed it to just laugh.

I think the first one had some actual true, poignant moments (ex: hallelujah traveling scene). For that reason, and just a truer movie I liked #1 a touch more.

by my score, Puss-in-Boots just stole the movie. Maybe even misdirected focus for me?

Will I get it on DVD? That depends how much my upcoming apartment moving will cost! DOH

Shrek 1: B
Shrek 2: B-

Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:22 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

I don't know. The plot is the only thing that didn't quite do it for me. It seemed to out there, without being more complicated than the first. I loved the first one, and the second is great and hilarious, but I don't know if it truly is a very good sequel. Again, like Passion, I need to see this again to pass judgment.

Grade: A- (original)
Possible new grade: B+

Sat Oct 30, 2004 11:10 am
Veteran

:D
<-------------------Just look at this face! He carried the film!!

It was hilarious! I thoroughly enjoyed it just for laughs! I think I was laughing out so hard on the plane that people were looking like I was some giggly freak! The movie is just about laughs and it achieved that effectively! There is no real lesson in the film save for the cliche that beauty is on the inside and is more than skin deep.

Shrek I on the otherhand, I couldn't even get through the whole movie! I switched it off! Bleh!

'The stars in the sky...
Bring tears to my eyes...
They're lighting my way... tonight.

And I haven't felt so alive..
In years.'

MOS

Sun Oct 31, 2004 12:17 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

:)

It was hilarious! I thoroughly enjoyed it just for laughs! I think I was laughing out so hard on the plane that people were looking like I was some giggly freak! The movie is just about laughs and it achieved that effectively! There is no real lesson in the film save for the cliche that beauty is on the inside and is more than skin deep.

Shrek I on the otherhand, I couldn't even get through the whole movie! I switched it off! Bleh!

Yes, he sure did, but once you change that avatar, we won't agree. :wink:

Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:43 pm
Hot Fuss

Not even close to being as classic to the first, but a very noble and impressive attempt. I would support yet another sequel and award Shrek 2 a B+

Mon Nov 01, 2004 6:35 pm
Profile YIM WWW
We had our time together

Disapointment. I hate the fact that this crap is the money maker 04.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 7:25 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Thought it was pretty funny and entertaining but I really didn't see what the big deal was. Incredibles deserved 400 million. :P

- B+

Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:55 pm
College Boy Z

Shrek 2 was a fun, little computer animated flick, but nowhere near great. It wasn't as good as the first, but still enjoyable and entertaining.

My Grade: B

Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:57 pm
life begins now

A. A little better than the original, but not that much better.

Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:42 pm
Profile YIM
Veteran

Mirûvor wrote:
:)

Yes, he sure did, but once you change that avatar, we won't agree. :wink:

Never doubt this face!!

:wink:

'The stars in the sky...
Bring tears to my eyes...
They're lighting my way... tonight.

And I haven't felt so alive..
In years.'

MOS

Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:50 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Before I watched this, I was a little skeptical. A sequel just didn't seem necessary. I'm glad I was wrong. I thought it was as good as the first, esp. the parody of Hollywood. The new characters were all good, esp. Puss N-Boots and the Fairy Godmother. I still can't believe how much money it made, however. I grade it an A-.

My favorite part: Holding Out For A Hero

Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:57 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

Hilarious. Not as good as the first one, but still better than everything else in 2004.

Grade A

Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:42 pm
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Shrek 2- 95

Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:17 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

I actually did not really care for this film at all. it was cute yes but good no.

Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:35 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

I refuse to even see this movie. The first one was so ingratiatiingly obnoxious. I couldn't stand the script, the characters, the storyline, or pretty much anything about it. Yuck, just give me my skittles and let me at least enjoy some real sugar. Animation alone is not enough to sustain my interest in something. One liners for one-liners sake is just not gonna hold my attention.

I am never going to watch this movie, and the only reason I'm psyched it was the #1 grosses in 2004 was because I didn't want POTC to get that covetted position.

Thu Dec 16, 2004 12:23 pm
Commander and Chef

bABA has spoken.

Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

A

Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:31 pm
Veteran

Thankyou Appy and Riggs...

I refuse to even see this movie. The first one was so ingratiatiingly obnoxious. I couldn't stand the script, the characters, the storyline, or pretty much anything about it. Yuck, just give me my skittles and let me at least enjoy some real sugar. Animation alone is not enough to sustain my interest in something. One liners for one-liners sake is just not gonna hold my attention.

I am never going to watch this movie, and the only reason I'm psyched it was the #1 grosses in 2004 was because I didn't want POTC to get that covetted position.

I love first one to death this one just lacks so much.

Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:22 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hot Fuss

but i love the first..... sorry....

Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Sbil

Libs hearts Shrek 2 almost as much as she heart-ed Shrek. A

Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:11 pm
I am also one of the few in the anti-Shrek group.
I never saw the first one in the theater, but my sister bought it when it came out and i saw it then and did not like it overall. The few parts that i liked involved John Lithgow as Farquod, that was it. I found Shrek himself to be obnoxious and amazingly annoying. Fiona was blah. Donkey was occasionally amusing but mostly he was irratating.
I found myself sitting there with a blank face as all these "jokes" went by and all around me were laughing and laughing, it felt like the whole movie was some inside joke that i never got. There were also far too many pop-culture "jokes" that were just not funny, and will be even less funny 10 years from now.
After that oh-so-pleasant experience with the first one, i never bothered to see the 2nd one. After reading reviews for it, i have decided that i never want to see it. I am talking about the good reviews. According to the reviews, it is basically just like the first one. And after seeing parts of that "alternate ending" with the disgusting american idol garbage, it was just cemented that i will never see it...ever.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:32 am
Teh Mexican

I am also one of the few in the anti-Shrek group.
I never saw the first one in the theater, but my sister bought it when it came out and i saw it then and did not like it overall. The few parts that i liked involved John Lithgow as Farquod, that was it. I found Shrek himself to be obnoxious and amazingly annoying. Fiona was blah. Donkey was occasionally amusing but mostly he was irratating.
I found myself sitting there with a blank face as all these "jokes" went by and all around me were laughing and laughing, it felt like the whole movie was some inside joke that i never got. There were also far too many pop-culture "jokes" that were just not funny, and will be even less funny 10 years from now.
After that oh-so-pleasant experience with the first one, i never bothered to see the 2nd one. After reading reviews for it, i have decided that i never want to see it. I am talking about the good reviews. According to the reviews, it is basically just like the first one. And after seeing parts of that "alternate ending" with the disgusting american idol garbage, it was just cemented that i will never see it...ever.

wow!!, you got no sense of humor!! :?

can i ask?......how old are you?!?

Sun Dec 19, 2004 1:39 am
Forum General

Although I enjoyed the first Shrek, as I've said before, I found it to be incredibly pretentious; such blatant (and at times not even that funny) mockery of anything, let alone it be Disney, can only be taken so far before it becomes purely self-righteous.

Shrek 2, though, I found to be a vast improvement. Funnier, less annoying, Mike Meyers not quite as obnoxious, no Smashmouth, and some gorgeous animation. I gave it an A- the first time I saw it, lowered it to a B+ the second time (didn't find it quite as funny), but raised it again the third time (yes, I've seen in three times) because 1) I caught many things I hadn't picked up on before, and 2) I actually admired the love story a lot more than I had before.

Yeah, the "#1 comedy of all-time" label it now has is a little excessive, but... meh. It's good.

Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:58 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next