Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Let's Call It A Bromance

Post The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water

Quote:
The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water is a 2015 American animated/live action adventure comedy film, based on the Nickelodeon television series SpongeBob SquarePants created by Stephen Hillenburg. Released in 2015, the film is a sequel to the 2004 animated film The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. It is directed by the show writer and executive producer Paul Tibbitt, and written by Tibbitt, Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger, and Spongebob creator and executive producer Stephen Hillenburg. Sponge Out of Water is executive produced by Stephen Hillenburg, Cale Boyter, Nan Morales, and Craig Sost. The film stars the regular television cast (Tom Kenny, Bill Fagerbakke, Rodger Bumpass, Clancy Brown, Carolyn Lawrence and Mr. Lawrence), who are returning to reprise their respective roles from the series and the previous film, with Antonio Banderas and Slash. The film is produced by Paramount Animation, Nickelodeon Movies and United Plankton Pictures and was distributed by Paramount Pictures.

The film features live action scenes directed by Mike Mitchell. Shot on various locations in Savannah, Georgia and Tybee Island, filming began on October 9, 2013 in the downtown area, where various establishments were changed to resemble a beach community. Filming completed in November 2013. The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water was released on February 6, 2015.

Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:50 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Post Re: The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water
As someone who isn't a huge fan of the first movie or the TV show, I had an absolute blast with this. I thought it was incredibly fun and entertaining and had quite a few laugh out loud moments. It also had quite a few trippy scenes, it would have been a blast to see stoned. :P The 3D was also quite good.

B+

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Extraordinary

Well this was a disappointment. I love a lot of Spongebob episodes and this one feels like an overlong, tedious episode of Plankton trying to steal the Krabby Patty secret formula, aaaagain. There's nothing really exciting or really funny, and all of the amusing parts on land were in the trailer. Does anyone actually enjoy the character of Plankton? He's in the movie even more than Squidward and Mr. Krabs. If they make a sequel I hope they go with a more cinematic story 'cause this didn't do it for me.

Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:06 am
Hold the door!

As I huge fan of SpongeBob, I was tempering my expectations so not to be disappointed. I actually was pleasantly surprised. It is clever, funny, and has a very beating heart. It also looks gorgeous, even though the CGI is a bit chintzy (I'm looking at you Plank-Ton). It is not perfect, the first half doesn't really have a big enough scope to justify being in a movie, unlike the first film which was an epic journey. And the final act on land doesn't really mesh with the underwater stuff. Despite its small scope and clash of story lines, I still really enjoyed it.

B+

Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:04 pm
now we know

Not really sure how to review this film. It looked interesting from the trailer, though I never watched an episode (caught bits and couldn't really stand it). I guess seeing these characters in the real world was fun, but that wears off very quickly, and the preceding hour, while not too over-the-top crazy, felt like an extended TV episode and was just annoying. There is just too much craziness constantly thrown at the viewer. For a film that only goes on for 80 minutes, it feels like an eternity because of the incessant wackiness, and the obvious outcome never seems to come. I guess this is made for young children. I'm not really the target demographic. But even so, watching this for just an hour would have turned my 6-year-old self insane - it's GBH to the ears and eyes. Everything about it is irritating; the Spongebob song, the character's voices, the ever-changing animation, Antonio Banderas, the story, the world, the seagulls ... everything. And Patrick is quite possibly the worst, most aggravating character ever created.

D

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:06 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

I cannot get N.E.R.D.'s "Here we go now" (from "Squeeze Me") out of my head. It is a cool, catchy part of the song. :grrr:

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]