Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Night of the Living Dead 3D 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 2

Post Night of the Living Dead 3D

Quote:
Night of the Living Dead 3D is a 2006 horror film made in 3-D. It is the second remake of the 1968 horror classic Night of the Living Dead. The first was released in 1990 and was directed by Tom Savini from a revised screenplay by George A. Romero. Unlike the first remake, no one involved with the original is involved with this new version. The original film was never properly copyrighted, and so it has fallen into the public domain, making this remake possible with no permission from the original's creators (The original movie can actually be seen playing on TV in this version). It was released on DVD on October 9th, 2007 in 2 separate versions, the original 3D format which includes 4 pairs of Red/Blue 3D glasses, and a 2D version that does not require nor include any 3D glasses.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

Post Re: Night of the Living Dead 3D
1/10 -> Your television is having a shit and your eyes are bleeding from horridness of this type of movie making

The letter grade sums this one up.

Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:33 pm
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Night of the Living Dead 3D
A moment of brief brilliance opens the film as Barb watches helplessly when her brother is attacked by two zombies. As the two brain-eaters stand there, then slowly lumber towards her about 30 feet away, there's an undeniable sense of doom on the way.

Boy, does that dissipate fast.

I try to avoid truly horrid films. Sometimes a clunker slips through (Yours, Mine and Ours remake; Alone in the Dark; Aeon Flux), but I generally get through unscathed. This one, however, played on my love of zombie flicks and my adoration for Romero's earliest entry in the Dead franchise. It's not difficult to make a zombie movie, and in my opinion, it's not hard to make, at the very least, a watchable zombie movie.

This proved me so very wrong.

There is no pacing, no structure, no tension, no talent (Sid Haig is an easy out for horror directors to boost their film's credibility by including him, but his shtick is tired here, possibly deflating the film further rather than breathe life into it), no idea of what it wants to be, no idea of where it should go. It mentions the original 1968 film as a sort of basis for how this all started, but it's never sure if it wants to pay homage to the classic or remake it entirely. Stoners gettin' stoned seem to be a cheap horror favorite, but I've yet to see that work as a comedy device.

Now, I know I should never have expected this to work, but it is miraculous how badly the film misses on EVERYTHING. It's a zombie movie, not a World War II drama. It's not hard. It may be one of the easiest genres to tackle, as you don't need ANY storyline for it to work. Shit went down, the dead are looking for brains. Pepper in a few colorful characters, kill a few of them off, the end. But this can't even muster up the basics. It's as though the film was made by... ugh... zombies.

This movie should be studied for years to come. Seriously. My newly minted selection for Worst Movie Ever.

No Stars

This also rests in the truly horrendous group of films that are so bad, they're really, really bad. I wish it was something I could watch again and laugh at how awful it is, but some films are just so bad, there are no redemptive qualities of which to speak.

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]