Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Tokarev 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
D 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Tokarev 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Tokarev
Tokarev

Quote:
Tokarev is an American action crime thriller film directed by Paco Cabezas and written by Jim Agnew and Sean Keller. The film stars Nicolas Cage, Rachel Nichols, Peter Stormare, Danny Glover, Max Ryan and Judd Lormand.

Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:59 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Tokarev
The trailer was awful, and made me not want to see this. But like all things Cage, I eventually get around to watching them (just watched Trespass) because I love the guy. Just looking at this, it may be worth watching for Danny Glover and Nicolas Cage. I am very interested in Glover's career in recent years; some interesting choices.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Thu May 01, 2014 7:17 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Another middle-of-the-roader from Cage. Nothing special or even interesting here, but it's not a shit film. It's not especially good either. The ending is a big let down, and it appears the film is made by someone supporting the act to abolish people's right to bear arms. The action wasn't very good. The choreography was awful. Each person shot or hit or stabbed was just waiting for it. They were first to the punch, but they stopped to let the "hero" kill them. The acting is mediocre. I wasn't bored at all. Murtaugh is wasted as some cop friend of Cage, and Cage himself was just so-so, but much better than in Trespass.

At last this is better than Stolen. There's something good about the film that makes me stop myself from giving it a D-range grade. It's obviously a low-budget, DTV flick, but it has some nice shots, I guess. Peter Stormare is wasted as some cripple. Not much else to say.

C-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat May 31, 2014 8:44 am
Profile WWW
We had our time together

Maybe I was in the right mood, but I enjoyed it. I doubt I'll ever see it again though.

Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:23 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

A problematic combination defines the latest Nicolas Cage programmer: it is a ultimately bargain-bin action movie, but it has deeply ingrained delusions of depth and grit, rendering it a bit of a glum chore to sit through. It is clear the film is heavily inspired by such prestigious-pulp pictures as Mystic River and A History of Violence. Acts of violence are set to solemn choral music. Characters recite monologues regarding fate, masculinity, regret, and sin. The performances and production values, however, are so inconsistent and mediocre, rendering it a wan pretender to the throne. The gestures toward sins-of-the-father profundity are stunted, inert, and convoluted, particularly in the heavy-handed and anticlimactic third act.

Plus, Danny Glover's character, a generic detective, says a dead criminal has "a rap sheet as long my dick." Ouch. Then, Peter Stormare, the long-reigning Swedish king of portraying Eastern European heavies and loons, plays an Irish mobster is one of the year's most improbable casting decisions. Strike two.

D

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:05 am
Pure Phase

"COME ON. SHOW US YOUR DAD'S GUNS! I WANT TO PLAY COWBOYS AND INDIANS!"

*slow-motion, melodramatic rain begins to fall*

"WOO! WOO! BANG! BANG!"

*shoots daughter in face*

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]