Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Every Secret Thing 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Every Secret Thing 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Every Secret Thing
Every Secret Thing

Quote:
Every Secret Thing is an upcoming American crime film directed by Amy J. Berg and written by Nicole Holofcener, based on a 2004 novel of the same title written by Laura Lippman. The film stars Diane Lane, Elizabeth Banks, Dakota Fanning, Danielle Macdonald and Nate Parker, and is notable for being Academy Award-winning actress Frances McDormand's debut as producer.

Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:34 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Every Secret Thing
This was great. It reminded me a lot of Prisoners except with a distinct female touch. It's incredibly harrowing and dark, and features spectacular performances across the board. Diane Lane is the best she's been in a while playing an incredibly complex character that grows more monstrous with every passing scene. Elizabeth Banks delivers a career-best dramatic performance, and Dakota Fanning is quietly heartbreaking. However, the standouts of the cast are Danielle Macdonald, who evolves into one of the most detestable characters I've seen in a movie in quite some time, as well as Brynne Norquist and Eva Grace Kellner, who are sensational as the younger versions of the characters played by Macdonald and Fanning. The script is fantastic and went a lot of places I didn't expect - it had some surprising twists, as well as one scene in particular that scared the audience I saw it with shitless 10.gif The direction is also great and Amy Berg does a great job of making these characters relatable in the best way she can, as well as creating an undeniable tension that permeates through the entire runtime. A-

Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:42 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]