Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Veronica Mars 

What grade would you give this film?
A 29%  29%  [ 5 ]
B 41%  41%  [ 7 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 24%  24%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 17

Veronica Mars 
Teh Mexican

Post Re: Veronica Mars
Im not a fan of the TV show (i never actually seen it and i dont intend to) but the movie is good. It felt like an overextended tv show actually but still good.

They weren't very subtle on those Samsung products. :P

B

Tue May 06, 2014 3:50 am
Wallflower

Top Five Home Media Sellers for Week Ending 05/11/14 (% of Blu-ray's Market Share Noted):

1. Frozen (33%)
2. Son of Batman (64%)
3. Veronica Mars (40%)
4. The Legend of Hercules (27%)
5. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (46%)

Very nice debut!

Sun May 18, 2014 5:12 pm
now we know

It's not a bad film, but it's basically just an overlong TV episode in style and construction. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does limit its appeal somewhat. It wasn't a bad private eye flick but it wasn't as intense, articulate or drawn out as it should have been (something like Män Som Hatar Kvinnor springs to mind as the elite of the genre). Kristen Bell plays quite an annoying, know-all character in Veronica Mars, and Kristen Bell is quite ugly with a strange, manly jaw that just puts me off whenever I see her. Jason Dohring is one of the most bland bad actors that I've ever seen, and so he annoyed me in every scene. But it was nice to see Jerry O'Connell, Jamie Lee Curtis, and surprisingly James Franco in a comedic role. It was also good seeing the hottie Krysten Ritter (who I remember so vividly as the awesome best friend from She's Out of My League), and Ryan Hansen (who it was bugging me where I knew him from throughout) from 2 Broke Girls.

I would welcome a sequel, but they would have to make it longer, less light and more serious, and make it R-rated for me to be interested. The thing with Veronica Mars is that it's just a bit too superficial for my liking. The on-going narration isn't needed in film-land, and it shows her to be a very cocky and unlikeable bitch -- but you can't hate her so much because there are more dislikeable people in it that trump her.

Oh, and the little girl from Waterworld is in it, and she still looks like a dyke. I always knew she'd be weird.

B-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:08 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Hah, well while I don't agree with your opinion on Kristen Bell I'm glad you enjoyed it at least :)

Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:35 am
Profile YIM
now we know

Yes. It is actually a surprisingly easy watch, which is probably its best trait. The fact that it was like a TV episode, when watching it at home, actually plays to its advantage because you don't feel as though you HAVE to be engaged at all moments. It's good background viewing. That being said, we know it is a film, therefore it's a negative that it's too TV-ish. But I don't have to go on and on. I think the B- grade says it all.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re:
Algren wrote:
Oh, and the little girl from Waterworld is in it, and she still looks like a dyke. I always knew she'd be weird.

Umm, ok. :P

Surprised/glad you didn't hate it. Surely if you watched the show you'd find Bell hot. I can understand not finding her to be so here but she can be quite the looker. May have been different if she hadn't just popped out a kid before filming this. On the show her looks merit a perfect 10! :wub2:

I'd go straight for her ;).

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:01 am
---------

Post Re:
Algren wrote:
But it was nice to see Jerry O'Connell, Jamie Lee Curtis, and surprisingly James Franco in a comedic role. It was also good seeing the hottie Krysten Ritter (who I remember so vividly as the awesome best friend from She's Out of My League), and Ryan Hansen (who it was bugging me where I knew him from throughout) from 2 Broke Girls.

Ahhhh, that was bugging me too during this.

I've never seen a single episode of the show, but I ended up really enjoying this! I'll probably have to check out the series sometime.

B+

Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:36 pm
Wallflower

Post Re: Re:
MGKC wrote:
Algren wrote:
But it was nice to see Jerry O'Connell, Jamie Lee Curtis, and surprisingly James Franco in a comedic role. It was also good seeing the hottie Krysten Ritter (who I remember so vividly as the awesome best friend from She's Out of My League), and Ryan Hansen (who it was bugging me where I knew him from throughout) from 2 Broke Girls.

Ahhhh, that was bugging me too during this.

I've never seen a single episode of the show, but I ended up really enjoying this! I'll probably have to check out the series sometime.

B+

:thumbsup:

Did you watch it on HBO? It started airing on there last night.

Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3