Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 8:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Inbetweeners Movie 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

The Inbetweeners Movie 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post The Inbetweeners Movie
The Inbetweeners Movie

Quote:
The Inbetweeners Movie is a 2011 British coming-of-age comedy film based on the E4 sitcom The Inbetweeners, written by series creators Damon Beesley and Iain Morris and directed by Ben Palmer. The film follows the misadventures of a group of teenage friends on holiday in Crete after the end of their final year at school together, and currently serves as an ending to the TV series. It stars Simon Bird, Joe Thomas, James Buckley and Blake Harrison. The film was released on 19 August 2011 in the UK and Ireland. A sequel will be released in August 2014.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:27 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Post Re: The Inbetweeners Movie
I found it terrible and absolutely unfunny. Like a bad bad version of American Pie.

I assume, though,that it might be different if you have actually watched the TV show before, which I didn't.

Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:44 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Not terribly funny, but I admire it's attempt at originality and shocking us. The film really needed more filth, more nudity and more Greg Davies (he was the best part). The one that was constantly missing his ex-girlfriend was incredibly annoying - I would have strangled him if I was there. All-in-all, just a mediocre comedy by British standards....but still better than most Yankee shit.

I'd never watched the TV series before (or even heard of it). I can see why it was popular and made lots of money here in the UK, because there are a lot of people that will laugh at anything. It reminded me a lot of Kevin and Perry Go Large.

C

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

I watched the series and found it pretty entertaining, actually. B

Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:04 am
Profile YIM
You must have big rats

D

This looks better in retrospect, after having seen the insufferable sequel, but on its own terms, it is pretty terrible. Every single character is annoying and not relatable at all. The quality of the humor is that of the second or third DTV-released American Pie film at best. I laughed maybe twice, but most of the times I just cringed with a severe case of vicarious embarrassment. I have no idea how it managed to get rather good reviews in the UK and maybe the TV-series, it is based on, is alright, but the film is really the bottom drawer of humor.

Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]