Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Disconnect 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Disconnect 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Disconnect
Disconnect

Quote:
Disconnect is a 2012 drama film directed by Henry Alex Rubin. It stars Jason Bateman, Hope Davis, Frank Grillo, Andrea Riseborough, Paula Patton, Michael Nyqvist, Alexander Skarsgard, and Max Thieriot. The movie also marks the acting debut of fashion designer Marc Jacobs.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:16 pm
Profile WWW
Rachel McAdams Fan

Post Re: Disconnect
I thought it was fascinating and filled with universally great performances. All of the storylines are pretty involving, though I was partial to the high school one and the teen webcam one. The final half hour is incredibly intense. I'd highly recommend it. A-

Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:13 am
Profile YIM
Pure Phase

I saw it last night. Very solid and often moving film. As far as Dramas in Which the Lives of Strangers Connect in Unexpected Ways go (and it is almost a genre unto itself at this point), it is not as fascinating and majestic as, say, Traffic, but it outpaces the didactic and unjustly rewarded Crash with ease. Jason Bateman delivers a sterling performance and proves his range. I hope to see him in another dramatic role in the near future. Andrea Riseborough is fantastic as always. Though intended as a wrist-slap indictment of modern society's navel-gazing reliance on (and often cruel misuse of) technology, the film is by and large able to focus on the humanity of the characters and the specific suspense of the situations, though it does play a few misjudged and overwrought notes, and the Alexander Skarsgard/Paula Patton story, while featuring strong acting, is not as focused and powerful as the other two.

B, maybe a B+

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun May 12, 2013 10:42 am
On autopilot for the summer

Really awesome performances, but much like it's title it doesn't quite come together, especially by not really resolving any of the issues. But it's very good overall. B+. See it just for interesting premises with great perspectives from awesome actors.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]