Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 [REC]³: Genesis 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

loyalfromlondon

Post [REC]³: Genesis

Quote:
REC 3: Genesis (also released as [REC]³: Genesis) is a 2012 Spanish horror film directed by Paco Plaza. This film is the third installment of the REC series. It is a parallel sequel to the first two films taking place before, during and after the films. It was released in theaters in Spain on 30 March 2012. with more international premiere dates that followed. The world premiere took place in Paris at the Grand Rex on 7 March, followed by midnight screenings at the South By Southwest Film Festival on 9 March. In the U.S., it was released via video on demand on 3 August and was released theatrically on 7 September 2012 in select cities. Sony Entertainment released the DVD on 6 November 2012.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:52 pm
loyalfromlondon

Post Re: [REC]³: Genesis
Fairly awful, and feels totally different (tonally and formally) from the first two. I can understand the found footage concept wearing thin, but dropping it altogether just feels lazy.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:55 pm
You must have big rats

I was they glad they dropped it and changed direction into making this a horror-comedy. I love the first film, but the second is just the less suspenseful repeat of the first. At least this tried something new and partially succeeded.

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:55 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Way to murder a pretty good horror series. Holy crap, it was horrible. Why change EVERY SINGLE THING that made this series so good? I dont get it. Maybe its me because i dont like horror-comedies but I honestly didnt see the comedy aspect.

D

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:37 am
Wallflower

I've heard really good things about this. I've never seen the [REC] movies, but it's my understanding I wouldn't need to in order to watch this? Does it have the same main characters or anything?

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:07 am
Teh Mexican

Magic Mike wrote:
I've heard really good things about this. I've never seen the [REC] movies, but it's my understanding I wouldn't need to in order to watch this? Does it have the same main characters or anything?

A dog bite, thats the only reference from the other movies. You really need to see the first one.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:15 am
Wallflower

matatonio wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:

A dog bite, thats the only reference from the other movies. You really need to see the first one.

I really don't feel like it since I've already seen Quarantine :P.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:37 am
Teh Mexican

Magic Mike wrote:
matatonio wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:

well... since its pretty much a carbon copy of the original yeah, theres no need. Although the lead actress is much better and a wee bit scarier.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:51 am
Wallflower

matatonio wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:
matatonio wrote:
Magic Mike wrote:

Although the lead actress is much better and a wee bit scarier.

The lead actress is scarier? :P I actually really dig Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter though, who was the lead in the remake.

Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:55 am
100% That Bitch

LOL, this is another PA but in Spanish.

shoulda never ever ever eveeeeeer seen this.

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:28 pm
New Server, Same X

I just watched all three REC movies in preparation for Apocalypse, and while I love the first two, I think this is borderline genius in its own right... except that 99% of the movie is not a part of the REC franchise. I'm just not the type of person who has to hate it just because it has the REC name on it and lazily ties the first two movies into it. It has way too much fun to disregard it entirely.

Plus, that bride. She's straight out of Tarantino. And the ending is crazy.

Yeah, it lags in spots, but I'm glad they abandoned the found footage thing early on. And cleverly, I might add. My biggest issue with REC2 (and maybe a bit of REC) is why on earth would someone leave a camera in front of their face during this shit?

Anyway, fun movie.

REC: A-
REC2: B+
REC3: B

Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]