Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
B 30%  30%  [ 3 ]
C 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
D 20%  20%  [ 2 ]
F 10%  10%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 10

Teh Mexican

Post Re: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2
The movie is pretty horrible but that battle scene was awesome. The crowd was so into it, cheering, clapping and laughing, and the the twist is revealed and everyone booed :lol: . Everything else was just bad.

C-

Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:37 pm
Romosexual!

I liked it ....a lot. A

I even choked up at the end credit :tears: damn song

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:20 am
Ocarina of Time

Rev wrote:
I liked it ....a lot. A

Now you've entered in the dark side :ninja:

1. Super Mario Bros Movie
2. Rebel Moon
3. Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 1
4. Oppenheimer
5. The Flash
6. Elemental
7. Aquaman 2
8. Dune Part 2
9. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
10. Blue Beetle

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:00 pm
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
Ugly, stupid and, except for the battle, boring. As expected. 3/10.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:17 pm
Profile WWW
Romosexual!

BMP wrote:
Rev wrote:
I liked it ....a lot. A

Now you've entered in the dark side :ninja:

It's my favorite of the 4. I can't help but like it. I was even happy that they didn't even end up fighting.
Peace through diplomacy ;) lol

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:27 pm
Extraordinary

Watching this on blu right now. Still feel the first half is really whatever and could've been half an hour easily but the battle sequence is so good, really sucks that Meyer didn't make that the real ending in the books.

Twilight fo life. (not really)

Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:35 am
Killing With Kindness

I can't believe so many KJer's would be so willing to punish themselves watching this film, the book is a well documented travesty.

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:19 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Not as good as Part I and certainly nowhere near the original, but overall it's decent. The first half or so was kind of boring, but the battle was awesome and makes up for it. I didn't read the book so I had no idea how it was going to end, which made it more fun.

7/10 (B-)

Fri May 31, 2013 1:39 am
why so serious?

Well, it's over. After five installments, Twilight is done, and the best thing that can be said about the finale is that it's not terrible. It might be damning with faint praise to say that this is possibly the most tolerable movie of the bunch, but it's true. Despite its problems - many of which are probably tied to the film's need to stay faithful to the text - it's a marked improvement over its awful predecessor. For starters, it's not as mopey as its predecessors, and with the romantic melodrama completely out of the way, it has time to actually expand and explore the universe it has created. One of the concepts it explores - that the vampires are basically like X-Men mutants - is interesting enough that it's easy to watch and think that more should have been done with it over the course of the franchise. As with the third installment, it's fun to watch some of the preparations for battle, and the battle scene itself is fairly entertaining. However, as has already been noted elsewhere, the climax pulls such an enormous cop out that it's tough not to laugh at it. Perhaps the best news about this final installment is that Kristen Stewart is significantly more bearable as Bella. She still has no chemistry whatsoever with Robert Pattinson (and apart from a handful of scenes, director Bill Condon wisely opts not to even bother with trying to sell their so-called romance) and isn't believable in the slightest as a mother (in fact, the daughter is really just a plot device), but she's more confident and assured here, and thus, less annoying. It's also refreshing to see the character handle some of her own business for a change, even if it's coming in the very last movie. Pattinson is still wooden as ever, and Taylor Lautner and the icky implications of his role are mercifully kept in the background most of the time. It's just as hard to imagine this final installment converting non-fans as it is to imagine that it won't please the diehards (which it almost certainly will), but backhanded praise is due to the filmmakers for redeeming themselves a bit after the previous installment by making a finale that isn't particularly good, yet also isn't particularly awful.

C+

Fri May 31, 2013 1:59 am
now we know

With the last movie in the series, I finally saw what the naysayers have been saying all these years; the movie was a borefest, dragging on and on for the first hour and being totally anti-clamactic and shit in the second. It seems that splitting the Breaking Dawn movie into two installments was a bad idea. The first three movies are good, with good soundtracks, but this totally was not (much like Part 1). The script for this one was also very bad, which I had also noticed with the other movies, but this one was moreso.

One thing I have no idea about is why young Renesmae (I know, stupid name) was in CGI? Could they not have had just a real child play the role? And let me get this straight...Jacob originally wanted to fuck Bella but now he's fine to settle for HER DAUGHTER?? This is sick stuff, and they all seem fine with it!

And why do you take a small human child to a battlefield? I cannot understand this logic. And why are they running so slowly towards each other on the battlefield? I thought vamps could move super quick. But Michael Sheen was excellent in his small role. I don't understand how a child can be 50% immortal and 50% mortal ... what does that mean in terms of how long she can live? It's just a mind-fuck and makes zero sense. Meyer really is a bad writer. And worst of all, the entire battle doesn't even happen. Nobody of note dies. It's a total fucking cop-out. They all live happily ever after after a board meeting in a snowy field. Oh, and the half-vamp half-human Tatanka indian was laughable.

All of this soap opera stuff, where nobody is ever happy, they reliance on a script and not logic, and how they always give longing looks and stand in circles talking, is weird. The scene with Billy Burke when he sees Jacob as a werewolf and then goes to the Cullens' house is the weirdest acting I've ever seen. personally, I don't think a father would be so fucking calm about all of this. Is he a fucking retard or something? Kristen Stewart also gets on my nerves.

So this entire franchise is kind of dragged down by the last two movies (not that it was great anyway, but it was at most enjoyable). Well anyway, I'm glad that I finally saw it and I can put a close to this franchise. This franchise only had enough juice for three movies.

F

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:32 am
Profile WWW
The Incredible Hulk

The "climactic battle" in this movie... now THAT was something! :shock:

Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:37 am
Profile WWW
You are waiting for a train

I totally agree with both David and Algren. It's one of the most baffling studio releases I've ever seen (especially since this was my first Twilight movie), but almost because of that it becomes entertaining.

Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:46 am
now we know

Thinking about it some more, being 50% mortal and 50% immortal just makes you 100% mortal, doesn't it? If even 1% of you is mortal, then being totally immortal is not possible, which just leaves plain old mortality. Unless it's immortality that wears off, in which case it's still mortality.

This film is so shit.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:06 am
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

This is the best of the series, and the haters on the forum and all over the world can go fuck themselves. These are some of the best films of ALL TIME and anyone who disagrees can get the fuck out of my life. The climatic fight is amazing and Edward and Bella’s romance is amazing! These movies ARE good quality filmmaking, period.

Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:37 am
Star Trek XI

publicenemy#1 wrote:
Watching this on blu right now. Still feel the first half is really whatever and could've been half an hour easily but the battle sequence is so good, really sucks that Meyer didn't make that the real ending in the books.

Twilight fo life. (not really)

You should be Twilight for life!!! It’s an amazing Saga and better than Harry Potter and The Hunger Games, fuck anyone who doesn’t like it. These films are everything movies should be and SO much more

Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2