Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 2:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Flight 

What grade would you give this film?
A 21%  21%  [ 3 ]
B 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
C 36%  36%  [ 5 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

Flight 
why so serious?

Post Re: Flight
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Ummm, that still was totally an "inspiring ending"...

I didn't quite read it that way. The last line seemed to be a jab at Whip's past mistakes, and as such, a reminder that he still had many broken things he would have to fix. He's sober, yes, but he still has plenty of past sins left to atone for.

Maybe I'm in the minority, and maybe I'm also not remembering the scene correctly, but I took it as a sly, subtle "fuck you" from the son.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:24 am
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
You mistook it.

Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:00 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

This was surprisingly great. Denzel Washington and Kelly Reilly gave great performance. The latter was deserving of a Best Supporting Actress nomination. My biggest problem with the film is all of the religious preaching. A few instances where it's brought up, fine, it didn't bother me. But then there's one cringe-inducing scene that puts it over-the-top. When you add that in with all of the smaller mentions it's just too much.

That aside the film was much better than I was expecting. The crash sequence was really intense. I was pretty disappointed Reilly's character disappeared so soon in the film and is never heard from again. I did know to expect that as I'd heard it mentioned from others, but it's still a shame as I liked her a lot.

8/10 (A-)

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:12 am
now we know

It was ok, but I was bored for most of it. Denzel was good. The story was pretty weak and took forever to move forward. I don't know about everyone else, but I thought the ginger girl was useless and they spent far too long on Whip's struggle with alcoholism. The film should have been 1hr 40mins. The crash wasn't impressive and it was too short. I didn't care for anyone in this film, and I especially wanted him to go to prison. Choice of songs was brilliant, but they were all cut short and/or played at the wrong times. Oh, and John Goodman was kind of annoying.

C-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2