Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Railroad Tigers 

Rate This Film
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Railroad Tigers 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Railroad Tigers

Quote:
Railroad Tigers is an upcoming Chinese action comedy film directed by Ding Sheng and starring Jackie Chan.[2] It is scheduled for release in China on December 23, 2016.[1] It is about a railroad worker who leads a team of freedom fighters to oppose the Japanese in order to get food for the poor.

On September 1, 2016 Well Go USA Entertainment announced the acquisition Railroad Tigers for distribution in English-language territories including North America, the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand, and the film is scheduled to open in December to coincide with its release in China.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:45 am
now we know

On their third time working together, Ding Sheng and Jackie Chan have created their worst film yet. First was good (Little Big Soldier), second wasn't bad (Police Story: Lockdown), now their third, Railroad Tigers, is just not my cup of tea. I was on board for the first half, but it wore off. What could have been a dramatic action film about Japanese oppression of the Chinese and an uprising via railroad logistics is actually an action-comedy. While the story doesn't deviate, it doesn't work when so much comedy is thrown at it. It is better than most of Chan's recent work, though, so that was a blessing (CZ12 and Dragon Blade are unbearably bad). The production and costume designs are nice, and I appreciated watching a film about the Second World War - I just wish it was serious. The first half of the movie seems intent on introducing the numerous characters via illustrated freeze frames, which while interesting at first gets annoying when you realise they are still doing it after 45 minutes. Speaking of time, it is a long film at 120 minutes, especially in that it's not a serious look back at this part of history. There are more serious moments in the film, and lots of people die (though no blood is shed), but it's partnered with an overriding sense of comic playfulness. It is not particularly funny, but it's also not a straight-up comedy. It is an odd one. The Japanese are made to look like fools, with the Chinese looking like clever rebels. I liked the handful of instances where animation is used (once in the opening credits a couple of more times later on) to hide the lack of a budget - but it cannot save the film. The finale goes on forever, and it's mildly interesting, but at that point I wasn't invested. There is a surprise cameo by Andy Lau at the end, which kind of lands with a thud as you know it's unexpectedly expected.

C

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]