Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Babies 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Babies 
loyalfromlondon

Post Babies
Babies

Quote:
Babies is a 2010 French documentary film by Thomas Balmes, depicting the first year of four infants growing up in Bayanchandmani of Mongolia, Opuwo of Namibia, San Francisco of USA and Tokyo of Japan. The film is scheduled to be released in the United States by Focus Features on May 7, 2010.

The trailer for Babies was attached to the 2009 films Planet 51, Amelia, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Where the Wild Things Are, The Blind Side and Disneynature Oceans. It featured the song "The Perpetual Self, Or 'What Would Saul Alinsky Do?'" by Sufjan Stevens. The film is rated PG.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sat May 08, 2010 3:06 am
Extraordinary

Post Re: Babies
Infantile!

1 out of 0.05

(The film was great, though personally I recommend a local production of the live show, if at all possible.)

Sat May 08, 2010 11:27 pm
Let's Call It A Bromance

Hey parents want to be reminded of what it's like to raise a baby? Well then watch Babies, or rather don't watch it as it is the worst thing to come out in cinemas this year. Yes, babies are cute and a lot of fun but unless you have a personal connection to them, you don't want to waste your time watching a long home video about them and this is what babies is. The film basically goes in a cycle with babies being born and then them constantly crying, sleeping, eating, craping, and being breastfeed. The fact that the four babies here are from different countries doesn't matter as they all seem to be doing the same exact thing but just in different situations. The family connection of a newborn is weak or never shown and this is one of the most important events for a child to go through in their first few months, the connection with the family. A lot of the times the babies are on their own and just looking around and doing the cycle this film strives on. Some moments are there yearning for an "aww" or "ohh" but in all essence are just repetitive and nothing special. Documentaries are meant for learning but nothing can be learned from this. Also, while the no dialogue aspect is cool, it is just a bore here. The film could of also just been a short film and maybe what the film tried to achieved could of worked. I'm still a fan of babies but this film just reeks of being a bored babysitter. Look for this to join the lineup of TLC's baby loving lineup in the future. No Stars

Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:57 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

jmovies wrote:
The fact that the four babies here are from different countries doesn't matter as they all seem to be doing the same exact thing but just in different situations.

I loved this documentary.

It was was made in the style of a nature documentary to show humans as just another animal on this animal planet, and that humans are the same until they are brainwashed by their various cultures. I saw it in a theatre with an almost full house and the audience was held in rapt attention often breaking out in gales of laughter - - this is a very entertaining and funny film.

(PS: What does 1 out of 0.05 equal on a 5-point scale?)

Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:10 am
Let's Call It A Bromance

Bradley Witherberry wrote:
(PS: What does 1 out of 0.05 equal on a 5-point scale?)

100 out of 5 I think.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:49 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]