Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 The Twilight Saga: New Moon 

What grade would you give this film?
A 16%  16%  [ 3 ]
B 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 26%  26%  [ 5 ]
F 26%  26%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 19

The Twilight Saga: New Moon 
KJ's Leading Pundit

Post Re: The Twilight Saga: New Moon
Everything any character says is stupid. Everything any character does is stupid.

It's just stupid, from the ground up.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:16 pm
Extraordinary

Chip Munkington wrote:
Everything any character says is stupid. Everything any character does is stupid.

You're stupid and so is your dumb football team. :mad:

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:20 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

nghtvsn wrote:
Chip Munkington wrote:

Your logic is flawed as I have never seen or read anything regarding Twilight, which automatically makes someone "stupid"

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:25 pm
Extraordinary

Chip Munkington wrote:
nghtvsn wrote:
Chip Munkington wrote:

Your logic is flawed as I have never seen or read anything regarding Twilight, which automatically makes someone "stupid"

So you've never "seen" nor "read" anything regarding Twilight then I must assume you've never even "heard" anything related to Twilight yet you call something you haven't seen, read or heard as stupid.

Just face it, in this instance you are being uneducated. Please educate yourself then repost.

#MAGA #KAG!

Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:37 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

I do not bother with things that are awful.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:45 pm
Forum General

I give this movie a B+. I've read all the books twice.

My rating is probably a bit inflated because of the experience of the midnight show.
It was a fun time with a crowd that excited.

I enjoyed this movie much more than Twilight, though I thought Twilight was decent.

What I liked most about New Moon was that it adapted the book very well. That in
itself is not common. The things that were changed were mostly for the better, and
the script added a lot of humor that wasn't in the book, again a plus.

The main negative thing for me was that the last 1/4 of the movie moved too fast. People
who didn't read the book were probably wondering what the heck was going on.

I liked the ending a lot. How else would they end it with another movie next summer? Perfect
and obvious spot to end it.

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:27 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

SolC9 wrote:

My rating is probably a bit inflated because of the experience of the midnight show.

I enjoyed this movie much more than Twilight, though I thought Twilight was decent.

What I liked most about New Moon was that it adapted the book very well. That in
itself is not common. The things that were changed were mostly for the better, and

The main negative thing for me was that the last 1/4 of the movie moved too fast. People

I liked the ending a lot. How else would they end it with another movie next summer? Perfect

I second that thought. I enjoyed the last part of the book where Bella is going to Italy and then they get back and do the vote thing. I was excited to see that but it happens so fast in the film with little build up to that particular point that it just felt so rushed to me along with that ending but I enjoyed it overall.

#MAGA #KAG!

Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:59 pm
Golfaholic

SolC9 wrote:

You wanted the movie to be LONGER?????
Quote:
(Can anyone tell me why no one, not even Bella’s dad, bats an eyelash when a half-clothed man walks out of the woods with an unconscious teenage girl? They just thank him and get on with their day.)

Cos he's gay. D'uh!!

Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:54 am
We had our time together

My favorite part of the book was when a few dozen innocent people get slaughtered a few meters away from Bella & Edward and she's just happy to be with him again and doesn't care about anything else. Is this in the movie too?

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:08 am
Profile WWW
Riggs wrote:
My favorite part of the book was when a few dozen innocent people get slaughtered a few meters away from Bella & Edward and she's just happy to be with him again and doesn't care about anything else. Is this in the movie too?

Bella seemed unhappy at those people being led to death, but her hands were kind of tied. That's if I'm even thinking of what you are. I didn't read the books, but I'm assuming you mean near the end when the tourists get led back to be snacks in the vampire vatican throne room, or whatever it was.

Without getting into the minutiae (which there was much of, about two hours worth) I'm even more astounded now than I was before at the popularity of this series. What could possibly be going through anyone's head to make them think this is romantic, deep, soulful, or anything of the sort is a question for the ages, I suppose. And was there an explanation I missed as to why those "werewolf" guys never wore shirts? That's an honest question, by the way.

Let's see: bad writing (bad, bad bad bad), a snail's pace, crap FX, lousy editing, a non-existent storyline, and a couple of truly horrific performances in a sea of forgettable ones--thank you Pattinson and Lautner (really, they were both awful). In trying to find non-shit elements, I will say that the chick who played Alice brought some much-needed energy when she was around and Sheen/Fanning actually managed to be--gasp!--vaguely threatening.

Anyway, congrats, ladies--your taste is just as shitty as your male counterparts. Score one for equality.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:32 am
We had our time together

Malcolm wrote:
Riggs wrote:

Bella seemed unhappy at those people being led to death, but her hands were kind of tied. That's if I'm even thinking of what you are. I didn't read the books, but I'm assuming you mean near the end when the tourists get led back to be snacks in the vampire vatican throne room, or whatever it was.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:37 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

Malcolm wrote:
Riggs wrote:

And was there an explanation I missed as to why those "werewolf" guys never wore shirts? That's an honest question, by the way.

There wasn't in the movie I don't think, but it's because when they transform, they rip their clothes. So they run around in shorts or naked most of the time.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:52 pm
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

nghtvsn wrote:
SolC9 wrote:

I second that thought. I enjoyed the last part of the book where Bella is going to Italy and then they get back and do the vote thing. I was excited to see that but it happens so fast in the film with little build up to that particular point that it just felt so rushed to me along with that ending but I enjoyed it overall.

I sort of see where you two are coming from, but I wouldnt have wanted the film to be much longer. Instead, I would have prefered if Bella's depression state scenes were cut back a little, then perhaps adding a little more to the ending between the vote and the volturi.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:56 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

Riggs wrote:

That is bullshit. In the book and in the movie she was terrified at this. But there is nothing she or the Cullens can do about it except be thankful that they are alive.

Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:55 pm
You must have big rats

Baumer is a Twihard?!!

:tears: :hahaha: :hahaha: :tears: :funny: :funny:

Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Baumer is a Twihard?!!

No shit.. I would've at least come back as an alias admitting something like this.. :funny:

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:37 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

I sigh. I brace myself. I hesitate. And then I say:

I love the Twilight films. :thumbsup:

I haven't read Stephenie Meyer's novels, nor do I intend to, but the films are extremely entertaining. Popcorn films of the highest quality. New Moon, with a superior director at the helm and a more lavish budget, is better crafted than its predecessor and even more enjoyable. The action sequences are stylish and tight (a chase scene set to a new song by Radiohead's Thom Yorke gave me chills). The strongest element, though, remains the stars and their chemistry. I'm especially fond of Robert Pattinson. He is a proper movie star with a bright future; he may not do much in-depth -acting- as Edward Cullen, but his mysterious, sexy presence is electrifying. Taylor Lautner also emerges as an attractive, charismatic talent.

I know I'm opening myself up to a bit of teasing here, but I can't help it. :P I thought this movie was a blast--atmospheric, scary, sexy, even a tad poignant. Count me in for Eclipse.

A

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:25 am
Extraordinary

I actually enjoyed the soundtrack myself and might purchase that.

#MAGA #KAG!

Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:39 am
We had our time together

Almost as bad as the book. D

Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:54 am
Profile WWW
Don't Dream It, Be It

MR. GREEN wrote:
Dr. Lecter wrote:
Baumer is a Twihard?!!

No shit.. I would've at least come back as an alias admitting something like this.. :funny:

Yes, God forbid he may like Twilight.

Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
ef star star kay

Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:39 pm
Wallflower

Nowhere near as great as TWILIGHT. It was long and drawn out, and also cheesier. I still thought it was good, but I enjoyed TWILIGHT a lot and did not get the same enjoyment from this. Maybe it's because most of it doesn't include the key ingredient to what made the first one work so well; and that's the intense chemistry between Bella and Edward.

I sure hope the next one is better.

Grade: 7/10 (B-)

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:07 am
Wallflower

Dr. Lecter wrote:
Rev wrote:

(Can anyone tell me why no one, not even Bella’s dad, bats an eyelash when a half-clothed man walks out of the woods with an unconscious teenage girl? They just thank him and get on with their day.)

:funny: :funny:

Ha! I found that odd too. I also thought it was weird how nobody found a gang of young men who ran around without shirts to be a bit out of the ordinary.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:17 am
Wallflower

Libs wrote:
The first thing you need to know: I know nothing about Twilight and never really cared to.

The second thing: This movie, despite some OK technical work and special effects, is pretty bad. The writing is atrocious (some of the dialogue is mind-bogglingly stupid; good job, Stephanie Meyer!) and the acting ranges from amateurish (Kristen Stewart) to horrendous (Robert Pattinson). Taylor Lautner is the only principal in the film who shows any kind of potential, which is strange especially since Stewart has been impressive in some other movies. I'm not sure what the purpose of making Bella the most annoying lead character in possibly any movie ever serves, but I guess it's worked out for them. Now, I never saw Twilight, but if this is supposed to be an improvement, I'm sure I never will. D+

It's a shame you never saw TWILIGHT before seeing this. I think you'd like it better. I thought Catherine Hardwicke did a good job with the first and that both Stewart and Pattinson were better in the first (especially Pattinson, who, no pun intended, kind of sucks in NEW MOON). I'm sure this sequel seems even worse if you haven't seen the first. NEW MOON certainly is cheesy and has some bad dialogue, but I believe I was able to tolerate it better since I'd seen and enjoyed the first. I say give it a shot, though since you saw this one first it will be harder to like the first.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:22 am
Wallflower

Gunslinger wrote:
I sigh. I brace myself. I hesitate. And then I say:

I love the Twilight films. :thumbsup:

I haven't read Stephenie Meyer's novels, nor do I intend to, but the films are extremely entertaining. Popcorn films of the highest quality. New Moon, with a superior director at the helm and a more lavish budget, is better crafted than its predecessor and even more enjoyable. The action sequences are stylish and tight (a chase scene set to a new song by Radiohead's Thom Yorke gave me chills). The strongest element, though, remains the stars and their chemistry. I'm especially fond of Robert Pattinson. He is a proper movie star with a bright future; he may not do much in-depth -acting- as Edward Cullen, but his mysterious, sexy presence is electrifying. Taylor Lautner also emerges as an attractive, charismatic talent.

I know I'm opening myself up to a bit of teasing here, but I can't help it. :P I thought this movie was a blast--atmospheric, scary, sexy, even a tad poignant. Count me in for Eclipse.

A

Wow, I'm surprised you liked it this much.

Anyway, I too dug the soundtrack. Wouldn't mind picking it up.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next