Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Halloween II (2009) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 23%  23%  [ 3 ]
D 31%  31%  [ 4 ]
F 38%  38%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 13

Halloween II (2009) 

Post Halloween II (2009)
Halloween II

Quote:
Halloween II is a 2009 American horror film written, directed, and produced by Rob Zombie. The film is a sequel to Zombie's 2007 remake of Halloween (1978), and the tenth film in the Halloween film series. Picking up where the 2007 remake ended, and then jumping ahead one year, Halloween II follows Laurie Strode as she deals with the aftermath of the previous film's events, Dr. Loomis who is trying to capitalize on those events by publishing a new book that chronicles everything that happened, and Michael Myers as he continues his search for Laurie so that he can reunite with his sister. The film sees the return of lead cast members Malcolm McDowell, Scout Taylor-Compton, and Tyler Mane, who portray Dr. Loomis, Laurie Strode, and Michael Myers in the 2007 film, respectively.

The sequel was first announced at the 30 Years of Terror Convention, which was held in 2008. Shortly after the release of the 2007 remake, Zombie expressed that he was not going to make another Halloween film. After more than a year of unsuccessful attempts to draft a script for a sequel, Bob and Harvey Weinstein, and Malek Akkad secured a contract for Zombie, who had a renewed interest in the film, to write and direct. For Halloween II, Zombie decided to focus more on the connection between Laurie and Michael, and the idea they share similar psychological problems. Zombie wanted the sequel to be more realistic and violent than its 2007 predecessor. For the characters of Halloween II, it is about change. Zombie wanted to look at how the events of the first film affected the characters. Zombie also wanted to show the connection between Laurie and Michael, and provide a glimpse into each character's psyche. Filming primarily took place in Georgia, which provided Zombie with a tax incentive as well as the visual look the director was going for with the film. When it came time to provide a musical score, Zombie had trouble finding a place to include John Carpenter's original Halloween theme music. Although Carpenter's theme was used throughout Zombie's 2007 film, the theme was only included in the final shot of this film.

Halloween II was officially released on August 28, 2009 in North America, and was met with a negative reception from critics. On October 30, 2009 it was re-released in North America to coincide with the Halloween holiday weekend. The original opening of the film grossed less than the 2007 remake, with approximately $7 million. The film would go on to earn $33,392,973 in North America, and $5,925,616 in foreign countries giving Halloween II a worldwide total of $39,318,589. The film was released on DVD and Blu-ray, with a theatrical version and director's cut of the film offered.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:58 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Post Re: Halloween II [2009]
If HALLOWEEN 2007 was the angry husband popping me in the face for my series loyalty, HALLOWEEN II is him losing all control and breaking my goddamn arm.

Grade: What the fuck did I just sit through?

Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:28 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

:console:

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:29 am
Superman: The Movie

The Dark Shape wrote:
If HALLOWEEN 2007 was the angry husband popping me in the face for my series loyalty, HALLOWEEN II is him losing all control and breaking my goddamn arm.

For some reason this makes me even more excited to see it.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:25 am
Profile WWW
Horror Hound

The Dark Shape wrote:

Did you goto the midnights I guess?

Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:13 pm
Extraordinary

Yeah. It's one of the most interesting failures in some time. Zombie's clearly trying to be ambitious, but it's a trainwreck.

Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:41 pm
The Greatest Avenger EVER

The Dark Shape wrote:

:funny: That's pretty good stuff..

Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:06 am
Profile WWW
Orphan

The Dark Shape wrote:
but it's a trainwreck.

I most definitely agree. Seriously, what the hell?!?!!

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:08 am
College Boy Z

I think Rob Zombie was surprised himself that he was asked to do Halloween II and decided to play a joke on The Weinstein Company. Kinda like, "Haha, are you serious, mother fuckers? Okay, let's do this."

Yes, this is indeed pretty bad.

I did enjoy two scenes: when Michael boot-stomps the living hell out of the guy, and when the kid goes, "are you a giant? Can we be friends?!"

The rest? The fuck.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:49 am
Orphan

What's with Michael Myers, eater of dogs?!?!

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:54 am
Orphan

The following is I think a pretty hilarious yet astute take on H2:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/f ... loween-ii/

Quote:
Serves RZ right in the effect that he made a half-assed film. I’m sorry, even his first attempt in 2007 was pretty bad, but this was far worse.

People were slack-jawed at the premiere last monday night. After RZ’s rant at the beginning, cursing like Courtney Love every other word…to paraphrase:

“This was a badass mutherfucker to make…some days we looked at the script and were like WTF are we doing…”

I sat through IRREVERSIBLE twice in the theatre because through the brutality, Gasper Noe created a beautiful film. Sitting in Grauman’s 5 days ago, I was so disgustedly repulsed at what Zombie put on the screen. Beyond the horrible dialogue, watching the violence was like – well, I’ve never experienced this before – but the violence was comparable to being skullfucked by your retarded Uncle Curly err Zombie.

Beyond the laughter of Sheri walking around with a white pony through most of the film, laughter flooded the theatre at the worst times – unintentional of course – along with people gasping and whispering WTF is this?

Outside the theatre, the cast was pretty quiet. People stared at each other as if they were at a funeral. Yes, Rob Zombie massacred a cinematic legend and robbed fellow cinema goers at the same time (beginning today). Everything that Carpenter created from inception to conception, RZ knocked up the Weinstein’s and ABORTED the film at the end of term.

I’m sorry for the vulgarities. Being a fan of House of a 1000 Corpses, I was let down by ‘Rejects’ and disappointed by Halloween 2007 (especially the scene with young Michael wearing the mask, chasing Hanna Hall – he looked like Mini-Me.)…with this film, RZ has raped my youth. He took the boogeyman and made him a trailer trash talking homeless man that eats dogs.

EPIC FAILURE.

The premiere for FD4 last night in Westwood was a helluva good time. The audience loved every second of it.

I pray that Zombie does NOT reboot the Blob. I cannot sit through 95 minutes of seeing his wife Sheri run around the screen, flashing her ta-ta’s and saying ‘WTF is the OOZE doing in my trailer park” and seeing her high school sweetheart, played by Bill Mosely, run out in a wife beater and make ooh-lala in it with her.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:58 am
Wallflower

LOL!

This sounds so awful. And I heard about the dog eating. Definitely a turn-off. Fucking Rob Zombie. He is one of the worst filmmakers. And apparently the Weinstein company didn't like the script turned in by the guys who made INSIDE? Umm, and they liked this one? Granted, I haven't seen it, but from what I hear....

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:22 am
Extraordinary

Mike wrote:
LOL!

This sounds so awful. And I heard about the dog eating. Definitely a turn-off. Fucking Rob Zombie. He is one of the worst filmmakers. And apparently the Weinstein company didn't like the script turned in by the guys who made INSIDE? Umm, and they liked this one? Granted, I haven't seen it, but from what I hear....

not just dog eating - dog consumption intercut with Laurie, Annie, and Brackett eating pizza.

And the Inside guys' pitch was hilarious.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:52 am
Orphan

The Dark Shape wrote:
Mike wrote:
LOL!

not just dog eating - dog consumption intercut with Laurie, Annie, and Brackett eating pizza.

What was their pitch?

How hard is it to make at least a decent slasher? I could devise a storyline for H2 better than what Zombie cooked up here in about ten minutes.

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:53 am

Harry Warden wrote:
The following is I think a pretty hilarious yet astute take on H2:

http://www.deadlinehollywooddaily.com/f ... loween-ii/

Quote:
Serves RZ right in the effect that he made a half-assed film. I’m sorry, even his first attempt in 2007 was pretty bad, but this was far worse.

People were slack-jawed at the premiere last monday night. After RZ’s rant at the beginning, cursing like Courtney Love every other word…to paraphrase:

“This was a badass mutherfucker to make…some days we looked at the script and were like WTF are we doing…”

I sat through IRREVERSIBLE twice in the theatre because through the brutality, Gasper Noe created a beautiful film. Sitting in Grauman’s 5 days ago, I was so disgustedly repulsed at what Zombie put on the screen. Beyond the horrible dialogue, watching the violence was like – well, I’ve never experienced this before – but the violence was comparable to being skullfucked by your retarded Uncle Curly err Zombie.

Beyond the laughter of Sheri walking around with a white pony through most of the film, laughter flooded the theatre at the worst times – unintentional of course – along with people gasping and whispering WTF is this?

Outside the theatre, the cast was pretty quiet. People stared at each other as if they were at a funeral. Yes, Rob Zombie massacred a cinematic legend and robbed fellow cinema goers at the same time (beginning today). Everything that Carpenter created from inception to conception, RZ knocked up the Weinstein’s and ABORTED the film at the end of term.

I’m sorry for the vulgarities. Being a fan of House of a 1000 Corpses, I was let down by ‘Rejects’ and disappointed by Halloween 2007 (especially the scene with young Michael wearing the mask, chasing Hanna Hall – he looked like Mini-Me.)…with this film, RZ has raped my youth. He took the boogeyman and made him a trailer trash talking homeless man that eats dogs.

EPIC FAILURE.

The premiere for FD4 last night in Westwood was a helluva good time. The audience loved every second of it.

I pray that Zombie does NOT reboot the Blob. I cannot sit through 95 minutes of seeing his wife Sheri run around the screen, flashing her ta-ta’s and saying ‘WTF is the OOZE doing in my trailer park” and seeing her high school sweetheart, played by Bill Mosely, run out in a wife beater and make ooh-lala in it with her.

This is by far the best worst review of this movie I've seen yet.. Imagine the absolute un-fucking thinkable if Zombie were to announce he's remaking JAWS??? Bill Mosley as Chief Brody.. Sheri Moon Zombie as his wife Ellen Brody and a wide variety of hoosiers to round out the cast.. Fuck, they even cast a hoosier to play the shark to boot..

Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:55 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

The Dark Shape wrote:
Mike wrote:
LOL!

What was it? I fail to see how it could have been that bad. INSIDE was amazing ;).

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:07 am
The Incredible Hulk

I liked the first one, thought it was decent. However this one seems to be just there. There are a couple of nice shots, and the films is different, but it is just so dame boring.
Overall I thought it was crap.

Damn two D rated horror films in the same weekend.

D

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:29 am
Extraordinary

A

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:32 am

snack<3 wrote:
A

Damn snack.. That's quite a contrast in grade difference between yours and all the other D's and F's I'm seeing?? It was really that good huh??? :-k

Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:37 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Really

Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:17 am
The Lubitsch Touch

ha ha

Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:21 pm
Deshi Basara

D. The only things keeping it from being an F for me:
The Weird Al cameo
The Halloween party
The hot blonde goth girl with glasses

The movie was a massive mess. No sense of continuity, much worse sense than the last movie about what's really cool and scary about Michael, no character whatsoever to root for (even Michael), obnoxious dialogue, Loomis is even more worthless and one dimensional than in the last. Fuck, what a piece of shit. Worst movie I've seen this year, and worst of the Halloween movies (featuring Michael anyway). It's pretty bad when Resurrection is a classic by comparison.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:45 am
The Lubitsch Touch

Weird Al cameo!

Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:46 am
Veteran

Lmfao this film was a joke. It was so, so bad it turned out to be fun in the end. Everything was a fucking mess except the atmosphere of the film, which I enjoyed - somewhat. This could be a guilty pleasure in years to come but it was just baaad. D+

Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:15 pm
I heet the canadian!

Can this even be called a film? It's been a long time since I've seen something so utterly incomprehensible. At least they have a interesting direction to take the third...I guess.

Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next