Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard 

What grade would you give this film?
A 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Dont Mess with the Gez

Post The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard

Quote:
The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard is a 2009 comedy film directed by Neal Brennan, starring Jeremy Piven and Ed Helms. The film was released on August 14, 2009.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:39 am
Full Fledged Member

Post Re: The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard
Well, I didn't like it as much as The Hangover, and I thought that film was just okay. This film had a really funny first thirty minutes and last five minutes (and during and after the credits). Other than that, I was bored and wanted the film to end. Most of the one-liners and scenes in the trailer are expanded in the film, so I didn't find them humorous at all. Will Ferrell makes a cameo, and though it got huge laughs from the rest of the audience, I was so bored by the scene and did not laugh once. Most of the jokes are raunchy sex jokes, and most I had heard in The Hangover (the ironic thing is, Ed Helms is in both and plays the same character, really). Anyway, I had no expectations whatsoever for this film, but it was just simply okay. Nothing new, nothing special. It had a few shining moments and one-liners, but all in all, the repetitive nature of the comedy and jokes falls flat.

C+

Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:26 pm
Extraordinary

What A Surprise!

A wacked out comedy coming to me unnannounced.

I got zero* hype on this one (*corrected for error rate). And whadda ya know - - it's freakin' hilarious! I don't know the lead actor very well - - Jeremy Piven (I had to look it up) - - I don't watch much TV, but I've seen him in a few movies...

Luckily, as good as he is, he is surrounded by a very talented bizarro cast. C'mon, man! James Brolin? What!?!? Alan Thicke?! Though the real leg work is done by Daily Show alumni Ed Helms and Rob Riggle, and ably supported by veterans such as David Koechner and freaky ass Charles Napier. Plus, the babes represent wid yo: Kathryn Hahn & Jordana Spiro...

And even luckier, the whole script is written with a sharp wit, a keen eye, and a razor perspective.

The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard is a new comic masterpiece on the order of an Anchorman or a Whisky Galore! - - I welcome our new Humor Overlord and beseech him to teach laughter to our tortured souls...

21 out of 5.

{Note: The sparse crowd I saw it with went gaga for The Goods - - we were all totally into it!!!!!}

{{Can't wait to see this again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!}}

Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:35 am
Let's Call It A Bromance

Jeremy Piven does a fine job in this funny car comedy. Piven's character Don Ready is known for getting struggling car realtors up from their downfalls in one weekend. Don and his crew have now been called out save a company on the 4th of July as a rival company headed by Stu Harding (Alan Thicke) will buy them out if every car is not sold. Don's crew do what they do best but soon some of Don's past will come back to haunt him. The film is plenty of laughs and even if its not on the top of this year's comedy list, it is still a great way to spend 90 minutes. **1/2

Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:48 pm
Profile WWW
---------

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Quite a wide cast of hilarious supporting characters. Kathryn Hahns as Babs, Ed Helms, and Rob Riggle in particular stood out. I hadn't heard about the Will Ferrell cameo, so that was awesome.

"Most people who're this situation, their life flashes before their eyes and they go through a list of regrets.For the next 45 seconds I want to go through the list of things I've done right. Number one. Full length back tattoo of the Hawaiian punch guy."

B+

Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]