Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Blood: The Last Vampire (2009) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Blood: The Last Vampire (2009) 
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post Blood: The Last Vampire (2009)
Blood: The Last Vampire

Quote:
Blood: The Last Vampire, released in Japan as Last Blood (ラスト・ブラッド Rasuto Buraddo?), is a 2009 horror-action film, a Hong Kong-French-British co-production; it is the remake of the 2000 anime film of the same name.

Directed by Chris Nahon and co-produced by French company Pathé and Hong Kong company Edko with the blessing of Production I.G, the English-language film was released in Japan and other Asian markets on May 29, 2009. It was released in the United Kingdom on June 26, 2009 and saw a limited release to theaters in the United States starting on July 10, 2009. The film focuses on a half-human, half-vampire girl named Saya (Gianna Jun) who hunts full-blooded vampires in partnership with humans and seeks to destroy Onigen, the most powerful of vampires.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:47 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: Blood: The Last Vampire
I get the distinct impression I needed to have boned up on the manga before I watched this because I had no bloody idea what was going on.

Thats the only reason I can think of for the awful character development and insertions of supposedly evil opponents with almost no build-up. Bar a 10 minute sequence in the middle which plays out like the first level of Ninja Gaiden 2 complete with an equal level of carnage the whole thing is a rambling nonsensical mess.

In fact I would dare say it felt like a dry run of this broody Buffy movie remake they are talking about, if so I am glad for the early warning.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:19 am
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Re: Blood: The Last Vampire
Blood is an interesting film. While the performances are pretty decent for this type of film, the action is alright though its pretty obvious how much money the film was made for. The film builds up quite well to talk about Saya's past and her mission with useful flashbacks, etc. but then the film suddenly reaches its climax and ends. The film probably could of had another 10-15 minutes added on. In the end it's a mixed bag. **

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]