Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Land of the Lost 

What grade would you give this film?
A 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
B 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
C 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 11

Land of the Lost 
Forum General

Post Re: Land of the Lost (2009)
Saw this yesterday.
It was quite funny while inside it due to the randomness of the entire movie.
I didn't think the FX was any great but the cheesiness worked so I didn't really mind it.
However, a day later, and it already feels worn.
Someone said I'd like this if I liked Zohan and surprisingly I did like Zohan but this just can't hold up a day.
I had an okay time though so I don't really know what to give it yet.
Yesterday was a B+, now maybe C+ or B-.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Where will you be?

BK wrote:
Saw this yesterday.
It was quite funny while inside it due to the randomness of the entire movie.
I didn't think the FX was any great but the cheesiness worked so I didn't really mind it.
However, a day later, and it already feels worn.
Someone said I'd like this if I liked Zohan and surprisingly I did like Zohan but this just can't hold up a day.
I had an okay time though so I don't really know what to give it yet.
Yesterday was a B+, now maybe C+ or B-.

Sounds like the cultural hive mind is fucking with your memory! Don't let everyone else's ill will against this gem drag down your opinion of the film.

Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:28 pm
Extraordinary

Dude! Don't reveal the existence of the C.H.M. - - you know what will happen to all of us who know - - keep a low profile, and for goodness sakes - - try to fit in!

Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:08 am
Wallflower

MR. GREEN wrote:
Your asking a Pro-Homo website to indulge and smoke some herb in an effort to enjoy this movie when 99% of this site is very Anti-Pot as though any of them know what their talking about in the shit they spew over it.. The Weed vs Cigarettes thread in the WaterCooler Forum pretty much cemented this.. Either way, your review is the highest grade and recommendation I've seen yet for this movie.. I just got some Killer Hydro Green.. Perhaps on my next off day, I should see a matinee of this based on your recommendation alone..

Do you ever make the slightest bit of sense? I don't understand what being gay/pro-gay has to do with smoking pot. I'm gay and I smoke pot. Not all of the time, but usually when I get together with friends we smoke weed. So does my lesbian friend. Half the time when I smoke it it's with her. I probably only smoke it on average like five times a year though. I certainly don't have a problem with people smoking pot.

LAND OF THE LOST - 5/10 ( C )

Honestly, this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was kind of amusing and wasn't boring. I probably would have liked it much less if I'd seen it in theaters. I would have felt more cheated. But on DVD it's an OK way to kill time. It helps if you have very low expectations.

Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:18 am
Horror Hound

Summers finished now....and this was the bomb!

It seriously looks like a terrible, terrible film. What the hell did they spend the $100M on?

It looks like the spent $1,000 on the effects.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:59 am
Where will you be?

Kris K wrote:
Summers finished now....and this was the bomb!

It seriously looks like a terrible, terrible film. What the hell did they spend the $100M on?

It looks like the spent $1,000 on the effects.

The effects were purposely campy. And the comedy played very well with the CGI, which is a real rarity.

Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:37 pm
You must have big rats

I wanted to see it, but at played at local theatres for exactly 7 days...

Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:19 pm
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

This film had alot of potential but ends up being a total waste of its cast. The performances all seem forced and none of the team seems to have any fun. Will Ferell gives one of his worst performances and it's a shame to see rising star Danny McBride being thrown into this dust. The plot also is just not there as it switches from one thing to the next without any kind of inbetween. Chaka could of been a useful character to the film but the character is completely dumbed down and stupid the whole way through. Add in some very gross scenes and you begin to wonder if they were aiming for kids in an adult film or if they were hoping everyone that saw this was very stupid. The only real positive is Michael Giacchino's score. Skip please. *

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:13 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

jmovies wrote:
This film had alot of potential but ends up being a total waste of its cast. The performances all seem forced and none of the team seems to have any fun. Will Ferell gives one of his worst performances and it's a shame to see rising star Danny McBride being thrown into this dust. The plot also is just not there as it switches from one thing to the next without any kind of inbetween. Chaka could of been a useful character to the film but the character is completely dumbed down and stupid the whole way through. Add in some very gross scenes and you begin to wonder if they were aiming for kids in an adult film or if they were hoping everyone that saw this was very stupid. The only real positive is Michael Giacchino's score. Skip please. *

Note: This is from the guy who said... "Easy A is definitely one of the best teen romantic comedies made in the past few years." ...so take his opinion about comedies with a grain of salt.

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:22 pm
New Server, Same X

Boys, boys, boys... Land of the Lost and Easy A are equally bad!

Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:28 pm

Mister Ecks wrote:
Boys, boys, boys... Land of the Lost and Easy A are equally bad!

Nah they're really not, Easy A was pretty silly and juvenile but generally charming nonetheless. This was, well, disgusting. Just truly awful, a dry dry disaster with no more than a few chuckles.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2