Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 City of Angels 

What grade would you give this film?
A 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

City of Angels 
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post City of Angels
City of Angels

Quote:
City of Angels is a 1998 American fantasy romantic drama film directed by Brad Silberling. The film stars Nicolas Cage and Meg Ryan. Set in Los Angeles, California, the film is a remake of Wim Wenders' 1987 German film Wings of Desire (Der Himmel über Berlin), which was set in Berlin, West Germany.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:13 am
Sbil

Post Re: City of Angels
Powerful and romantic. Nicolas Cage shockingly doesn't annoy me in this and Meg Ryan is delightful. Also, the ending is outstanding and daring for this type of film. City of Angels also has one of the best movie soundtracks maybe ever, as it includes "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls, "Uninvited" by Alanis Morissette and "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan.

A-

Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:36 am
The Lubitsch Touch

You're wrong, it's a truly terrible, terrible movie, although Meg Ryan's open-armed ride into oncoming traffic is one of the biggest laughs I've ever had in a theatre. Everyone should be (and I kinda felt was) ashamed.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 am
Sbil

yoshue wrote:
You're wrong, it's a truly terrible, terrible movie, although Meg Ryan's open-armed ride into oncoming traffic is one of the biggest laughs I've ever had in a theatre. Everyone should be (and I kinda felt was) ashamed.

DIE DINOTURTLE.

Also, from my recollection, you also hate The Notebook and Love Actually. AKA you have no interest in appealing to a woman's good graces.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:22 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

Libs, comments like that push the women's movement back decades.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:25 pm
Sbil

yoshue wrote:
Libs, comments like that push the women's movement back decades.

Love Actually and The Notebook do not reflect negatively on the women's movement! Not like, say, Bride Wars.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:29 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

I would argue that your suggestion (that cynically produced, female-pandering formula crap like Love Actually and The Notebook are indispensible parts of the modern female mind and taste and attitude) is a terribly regressive one.

In the thirties they were "women's pictures." In the 90s, "Chick flicks." Either way, insulting to the intended audience.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:36 pm
Sbil

yoshue wrote:
I would argue that your suggestion (that cynically produced, female-pandering formula crap like Love Actually and The Notebook are indispensible parts of the modern female mind and taste and attitude) is a terribly regressive one.

In the thirties they were "women's pictures." In the 90s, "Chick flicks." Either way, insulting to the intended audience.

First of all, it's only your opinion (a minority one, I might add) that those are "formula crap." Maybe they are female-pandering, but women tend to gravitate towards movies like that, especially since Love Actually and The Notebook are largely recognized as quality films by a great number of people. Not every woman, but a large majority of the female moviegoing audience. I'm just stating the facts, DINOTURTLE.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:39 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

You keep calling me dinoturtle, people are gonna confuse me for getluv. I don't want that.

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:43 pm
Sbil

yoshue wrote:
You keep calling me dinoturtle, people are gonna confuse me for getluv. I don't want that.

:ninja:

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:44 pm
"no rank"

yoshue wrote:

I don't think Turtle is his last name.

I have fond memories of City of Angels, especially when Meg Ryan smashed into the logging truck.

B+

Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]