Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The Pink Panther 2 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
C 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 5

The Pink Panther 2 
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post The Pink Panther 2
The Pink Panther 2

Quote:
The Pink Panther 2 is a 2009 American detective comedy film directed by Harald Zwart. It is the sequel to the 2006 film The Pink Panther, a reboot of the popular comedy series. The film was released on February 6, 2009 in North America. In the film, Inspector Clouseau must team up with detectives from other countries to rout the daring cat burglar, The Tornado, who has returned after a decade of inactivity. Steve Martin, who reprised the role of Clouseau, originated by Peter Sellers, polished the original script written by Scott Neustadter and Michael M. Weber in November 2006. Columbia Pictures, partnering with MGM on the sequel, hired the team of Lowell Ganz and Babaloo Mandel to perform a further rewrite in January 2007. Principal photography began in Paris on August 20, 2007, then moved to Boston several weeks later, where filming ended on November 2, 2007.

Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai appears as the criminology expert, Sonia Solandres. John Cleese replaces Kevin Kline as Chief Inspector Dreyfus with Jean Reno and Emily Mortimer reprising their roles as Clouseau's partner Ponton and Clouseau's girlfriend Nicole. Andy García, Yuki Matsuzaki and Alfred Molina round out the cast as detectives, Italian Inspector Vicenzo Brancaleone, Japanese Inspector Kenji Mazuto and British Chief Inspector Randall Pepperidge. It was released on Blu-ray Disc and DVD on June 23, 2009.

Like its predecessor, the sequel received negative reviews from critics and did a moderate business of $75,871,032 worldwide.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:29 am
Leader of the Pack

Post Re: The Pink Panther 2
Haha, I knew i would be one of if not the first to see this here. Honestly, i knew it was going to be bad going in, but i went for Steve Martin playing a bumbling bafoon and that is exactly what i got. There are a few really funny scenes, but overall the movie is an exact ripoff of the new remake just with more characters and more things stolen. Honestly its like an Evil Dead 2; same stuff, different way of telling it.

C

This is a huge drop off from the first one, which i still stand by my A- grade!

Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:25 am
You must have big rats

I hope this will be the last time ever anyone compares this film to Evil Dead II.

Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:12 am
Profile WWW
Leader of the Pack

Dr. Lecter wrote:
I hope this will be the last time ever anyone compares this film to Evil Dead II.

Haha, don't worry, it probably will be. Btw, I didn't care for Evil Dead II either... :oops:

Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:25 pm
Forum General

This is a really stupid movie. That said, it's also really funny. I laughed a
lot and was pleasantly surprised. I suppose going in with really low
expectations helped.

B

Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:09 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I liked the first, and was expecting this one to suck after hearing how bad it was. But I actually found it quite amusing. There were a decent amount of laughs to be had and the time flew by. Not as good as the first, but it's still pretty enjoyable.

6/10 (B-)

Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:07 pm
Forum General

A big fat F.
Fast forwarded through lots of shit.
Cringe worthy and pathetic.
Steve Martin should watch his own crap and see if he can take it.

Men in Black 3 Under 100m
Madagascar 3 Under 100m
Rise of the Guardians over 250m

Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

Give Shawn Levy credit, he at least tries to be funny. He knew enough to put Clouseau in awkward situations and that the comedy would follow. In the second film here, there aren't many setups for Clouseau to go nuts. The only time he's really funny in the film is when he's being interviewed by Lily Tomlins character on how to conduct yourself and how were not supposed to use stereotypes. I bet you can guess what happens. Still the scene is kind of funny. Everything else to my surprise is a straight forward whodunnit. Anyone who's even paying half attention to the film will be able to guess who the person is. It's always the one that arrives late for something. The problem is this comes so early into the film we have to see them go through the motions of figuring out who it is. If there were more attempts at comedy this could've made me forget about who the "Tornado" was, but we're not given very much to laugh at.

I liked the first film despite it's problems, but they at least tried to make Clouseau funny physically. Here there are a few jokes and one or two physical gags, but that's not enough.

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:11 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]