Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Bedtime Stories 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 6 ]
C 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
D 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
F 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 12

Bedtime Stories 
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post Bedtime Stories
Bedtime Stories

Quote:
Bedtime Stories is a 2008 American family-fantasy-comedy film directed by Adam Shankman that stars Adam Sandler in his first appearance in a family-oriented film. Sandler's production company Happy Madison and Andrew Gunn's company Gunn Films have produced the film, and Walt Disney Pictures distributing it, The second of four Happy Madison films with a "PG" rating (preceded by The Master of Disguise and followed by Paul Blart: Mall Cop and Zookeeper).

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:44 am
Forum General

Post Re: Bedtime Stories
I gave this film a B. It was very cute, surprisingly appropriate for most ages
considering Adam Sandler, and quite funny at points. Harmless family
entertainment.

Fri Dec 26, 2008 4:19 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Hell this movie is so good that only 1 poster here at KJ has seen it?? :funny:

Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:16 am
Profile WWW
Top Poster

B, around the middle range for Sandler comedies, but still funnier than other movies currently out. Guy Pearce gives a great performance, I hope he shows up in future Sandler films.

Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:17 am
Profile WWW
Let's Call It A Bromance

This is a family film set for the holidays. It is a very simple and creative story that is executed in a very fun fashion on screen. It was very nice to not see Sandler just do sick joke after sick joke. He was just a very normal guy and parts reminded me of Big Daddy. While not as great as that film, this film is still one that can be repeated over and over. Plus, Russell Brand gives a wonderfully hilarious performance as Mickey.

B+

Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:09 am
Profile WWW
ef star star kay

The good thing is it's harmless (my nieces loved it). And it's really short. The bad thing is it's effing boring. C-

Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:15 pm
Orphan

What I'd like to know is why Nottingham (Richard Griffiths) chose Skeeter's hotel presentation over Kendall's? Skeeter's presentation was full of bland say-nothings while Kendall's was far superior and most importantly, actually had a theme! That's just script laziness of the highest order.

Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:36 am
Well I'm not stoned, I'm just fucked up - I got so high I can't stand up

I don't think it'll be anything different then whatever you're expecting. Predictable, fun, and semi well acted. Bedtime Stories may be unoriginal, but it's a good time at the theater. I bumped my grade up 1 because of Bugsy. Holy shit that was an awesome character.

B

Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:18 am
He didn't look busy?!

It's like a second-rate "Night at the Museum," which isn't exactly a first-rate film. It didn't take its gimmick at all as far it could've, I never for one second bought Sandler's character at all (as he and the rest of the cast are so thinly drawn that it's impossible to care for them when things get serious), and when a movie constantly resorts to a gopher who adds absolutely nothing to the plot for laughs (no joke: there are probably twenty different instances when the shot cuts to this animal, and every single time, he does the same face and makes the same noise), it's obvious that they didn't know how to fill up this movie's already short 1.5 hour runtime. If it wasn't for Russell Brand, who can make anything funny by simply opening his mouth, this would've been a complete trainwreck.

D+

Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:15 am
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

This was an all-out old school stupid kid's movie - - it goes through all the motions of standard manipulative storytelling with a few peripheral FX sections tacked on. But boy is it lame! And unfunny - - I didn't laugh once. The children under eight or so seemed to be enjoying it though, sucking up all the TV grade humor they've been raised on.

The worst Adam Sandler movie I've ever seen...

1 out of 5.

(It was very saddening to see Guy Pearce slumming in this dreck - - and I even felt bad for Lucy Lawless, even if she hasn't been able to get much work since Xena, this is still beneath her...)

((And I'm absolutely aghast that this was directed by Adam Shankman - - he must have called in this one from his hospital bed or somethin' - - he clearly forgot everything he learned on Hairspray!))

Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:28 pm
Leader of the Pack

Sooooooooooooooooooooo bad...

Easily Disney's most pathetic attempt at a fantasy kid flick. The only time i even chuckled was when they started playing "Don't Stop Believing" at some perfect moment.

But yeah, bottom 10 material... D-

Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:09 pm
100% That Bitch

I "saw" it yesterday, well I think it this easily the worst Dsiney movie, I only watched the first 20-25 minutes 'cause it was so boring that I had to walk out of the theater... just bad.

F

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:00 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Not particularly funny, but toned down Sandler actually leads to a pretty good formula family film if a little simple. I had a good time watching it. Short, brisk, and I actually felt no real disappointment watching this, unlike NATM

B

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]