Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

loyalfromlondon

Post Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away

Quote:
Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away is a 2012 3D film directed by Andrew Adamson. The film premiered on October 20, 2012 at the Tokyo International Film Festival, and it was released theatrically in the United States on December 21, 2012. It was released in 2D and 3D. It stars Erica Linz & Igor Zaripov as the main characters and incorporates acts from the seven Cirque du Soleil shows running in Las Vegas in 2011: O, Mystère, Kà, Love, Zumanity, Viva Elvis and Criss Angel Believe. The 3D used in the film was highly admired by the critics on its Tokyo premiere.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:12 pm
Pure Phase

Post Re: Cirque du Soleil: Worlds Away
Iconic French Canadian acrobatic and gymnastic collective Cirque du Soleil leaps and twirls from the stages of Las Vegas to the big screen in this thinly conceived, but often spectacular 3-D romantic fantasy executive produced by James Cameron. The storyline (or scenario), involving a wide-eyed girl traveling through the circus' various worlds in search of the man she loves, is a halfhearted device at best, a generic variation on The Wizard of Oz, but the colorful, high flying, and mystical performances are as delightful as they are exciting for the most part, and this, of course, is why the audience is there in the first place. One highlight is an extended segment from the Beatles themed Love, including such cuts as "Octopus's Garden" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." Even at a hour and a half, the film threatens to become a tad exhausting in its second half, but it is by large enchanting and satisfying, and those interested should experience it before its theatrical exhibition comes to a close. I suspect its almost decadent musical and visual charms will be diminished to a certain extent on home video and television.

B

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]