Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Made in Dagenham 

What grade would you give this film?
A 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

Made in Dagenham 
loyalfromlondon

Post Made in Dagenham
Made in Dagenham

Quote:
Made in Dagenham is a British film directed by Nigel Cole. The film stars Sally Hawkins, Miranda Richardson, Rosamund Pike and Jaime Winstone. The film's theme song, with lyrics by Billy Bragg, is performed by Sandie Shaw, herself a former Dagenham Ford worker.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:28 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Made in Dagenham
Made in Dagenham is a well told tale.

(I wonder how many movies I've said that about? Quite a few, but still a rarity. It's one of my highest commendations.)

A little slice of not too distant history - - believe it or not kiddies, but it's actually from an era within the living memory of some ancient folk still walking the Earth today! Can you imagine a time when we would even imagine questioning equal rights? Wild, huh?!?

So, this story of the past, her story as it were, carries us enthralled in it's filmic finesse. What could have been a dry old documentary turns out to be an illuminating joy to watch.

Sally Hawkins is spot on as the lead and all the other supporting actors (yes, even the men) are too!

If you also happen to be a person who enjoys a well told tale, be sure to catch Made in Dagenham before history repeats itself (again).

26 out of 5.

Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Bradley Witherberry wrote:
Made in Dagenham Can you imagine a time when we would even imagine questioning equal rights? Wild, huh?!?

Um, I hope this is a joke satirizing the state of "equality" in modern America, otherwise, yikes.

Exactly. If they don't know how to behave, and feel OK offending others, they get their ass kicked, so they'll think next time before opening their rotten mouths.

Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:13 pm
Wallflower

Very enjoyable. Sally Hawkins was great, and it's always a delight to see the lovely Rosamund Pike.

B/B+

Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 am
Z

Location: Wherever he went, including here, it was against his better judgment.
It is decent. Sally Hawkins is an agglomerate of emotion thinly veiled in human skin.

Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

A fairly standard inspirational period piece, but made with care and skill. The type of light British feel-good dramedy director Nigel Cole specializes in (his past credits include Saving Grace and Calendar Girls). The top-notch cast--Sally Hawkins, Bob Hoskins, Miranda Richardson, Rosamund Pike, Richard Schiff--do unblemished work.

B+

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]