Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Speak No Evil 

Grade:
A 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Speak No Evil 
now we know

Post Speak No Evil

Quote:
Speak No Evil is a 2022 psychological horror thriller film directed by Christian Tafdrup from a screenplay he co-wrote with his brother Mads [de]. It is produced by Jacob Jarek and is distributed by Nordisk Film. Filming took place in Denmark, the Netherlands and Italy, and most of the film is shot in English, with some scenes in Danish and Dutch. The film centers on Bjørn (Morten Burian) and Louise (Sidsel Siem Koch), a Danish couple who are invited by Patrick (Fedja van Huêt) and Karin (Karina Smulders), a Dutch couple, to their country house for a weekend holiday; the hosts soon begin to test the limits of their guests as the situation escalates.

Speak No Evil premiered on 22 January 2022 at the 38th Sundance Film Festival. It was released theatrically in Denmark on 17 March 2022 and in the Netherlands on 21 July. The film won the "Best Director Choice" award at the 26th Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival, and received generally positive reviews from critics, who praised the screenplay, direction and the performances.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:41 am
Profile WWW
now we know

Post Re: Speak No Evil
This is so intense, particularly if you are a parent. Truly horrific and evil. It starts out as personal differences between two couples, one from Denmark and one from South Holland. But as the weekend trip goes on the Dutch couple begin to exhibit odd behaviour, which eventually turns sinister. Scary, chilling film. It also has lots of off-ramps that the characters stupidly do not take, but you cannot blame them because it's still in that polite, benefit-of-the-doubt tolerance phase. Masterfully written. So well acted. A top-notch horror from Denmark/Holland.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:46 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

I saw this the day it hit Shudder. The feel awful movie of the year. Horrifying and frustrating as all get out. I really *liked* it though. It was very gripping.

Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:17 am
Keeping it Light

Wow, this is great and came to me as a surprise, it wasn't on my radar except for Algren's recommendation. An excellent directing effort and screenplay, well acted and beautifully made, it also carries an effective message. The film swerves and swings in a gripping way and kept me guessing to where it was going. A true psychological thriller experience that's one of the best of 2022.

A-

Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]