Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Star Wars: The Clone Wars 

What grade would you give this film?
A 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
C 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
D 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
F 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 15

Dont Mess with the Gez

Post Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Quote:
Star Wars: The Clone Wars is a 2008 CGI animated science fiction/action film that takes place within the Star Wars saga, leading into the TV series of the same name. The film is set in the same time period as the 2003 Clone Wars television series. Distributed by Warner Bros., the film premiered on August 10, 2008 at the Grauman's Egyptian Theatre, while screening in wide-release on August 14, 2008 across Australia, and August 15 in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. The Clone Wars was an introduction to the television series of the same name, which debuted on October 3, 2008.

This Star Wars spin-off is notable for being the first animated theatrical film for the franchise. The film is also the first to be distributed by Warner Bros. instead of 20th Century Fox, while also being the first theatrical Star Wars film to be directed by someone other than George Lucas since Return of the Jedi's Richard Marquand. It is also the only theatrical Star Wars film not scored by John Williams—Kevin Kiner was hired to compose brand new music, which was combined with selected John Williams themes from previous Star Wars films.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:58 am
Well I'm not stoned, I'm just fucked up - I got so high I can't stand up

Post Re: Star Wars: The Clone Wars
This looks like one of the worst films ever. I think I would kill myself if I had to sit through it. And I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:34 am
Speed Racer

Ev@n wrote:
This looks like one of the worst films ever. I think I would kill myself if I had to sit through it. And I'm a pretty big Star Wars fan.

I hope you didn't vote based on the trailer Evan.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:35 am
Golfaholic

My five word review:

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap!

Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:46 am
Speed Racer

Levy wrote:
My five word review:

Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap. Crap!

Actually... That is a "One word five times review".

Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:04 am
Well I'm not stoned, I'm just fucked up - I got so high I can't stand up

Cmore wrote:
Ev@n wrote:

I hope you didn't vote based on the trailer Evan.

Lol, I haven't even voted yet for any movie. Not even the ones I wrote reviews for lol. Maybe I should do that sometime soon.

Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:52 pm
What would Jesus *not* do?

This aint Star Wars. Sure it may have Star Wars in the title and be produced by George 'I Like to Shit on Star Wars fans' Lucas but it isn't Star Wars, at least not the beloved franchise I've watched since childhood. In a overly blatant attempt to wring even more money from the pockets of uber obsessed fanboys Lucas conned WB to release a made for tv movie into theatres, and I for one hope it backfires. There isn't a single redeeming quality or watchable moment contained anywhere in its 98 minute runtime. The animation isn't new, fresh, or innovative as I've seen some critics describe it, its annoying and outdated. Had this been relesed during the height of 64bit processesing then maybe it would've been ok.
The story, or at least what they attempt to pass off as one is mind numbingly moronic. Its as if Gilroy and Lucas wrote this for people with IQ's lower than their shoe size. The groups that are protesting Tropic Thunder because of its depiction of the mentally handicapped should protest this film instead. TT allegedly exploited one fictional character, this film treats the entire audience as mentally retarded and does so without a care in the world.
Lucas has continued his blatantly racist/discriminatory practices against anyone not fitting the mold of his blond haired blue eyed heterosexual world. His depiction of Jabba's uncle Ziro as an overly flamboyant insert every negative stereotype homosexual male is beyond pale. While his depiction of Arabs as mouthy, disobediant, ungratefull, and unwilling to bend to western culture in the character Ahsoka Tano is equally insulting. Lucas has truly lost touch with reality and desperately needs to just go away to his ranch and live the rest of his life in seclusion. While Star Wars fans need to grow up and find another hobby to obsess over. May The Clone Wars die a quick death in threatres and the new tv show on Cartoon Network be pulled after the second episode.
Oh and if you could'nt already tell I hated this movie.

Grade F---

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Wall-E
3. Dark Knight
4. In Bruges
5. Tropic Thunder
6. Young @ Heart
7. Mongol
8. The Band's Visit
9. Visitor
10. Iron Man

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:25 pm
Speed Racer

Where is planet Arabia in Star Wars?

Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:53 pm

Next to Tatooine I think.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:28 am
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Cmore wrote:

Do they have oil?

This movie looks like an N64 game.

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:04 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Anita Hussein Briem wrote:
Comer wrote:

Do they have oil?

This movie looks like an N64 game.

It'll be a classic then. :D

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:42 pm
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

I wouldn't be so sure. Watching Clone Wars was like having my penis jammed into the spokes of a moving bicycle.

Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:07 pm
A very honest-hearted fellow

I don't think it deserves nearly as much hate as it is getting. Anakin and Ashoka weren't a bad team other than her saying "Skyguy" and "R2-E". Might have made a better tv movie. One redeeming quality about the film was that the clones/stromtroopers come off as fairly interesting and somewhat unique compared to each other; they are clones afterall. Even the baby wasn't as horrible as it could have been in Lucas's hands.

However, Zero is perhaps the worst character ever created. Imagine a gay, gypsy, southern, PG version of Eric Cartmen and you might have an idea of Zero. He was completely extraneous to the plot and was simply thrown in to give Padme something to do. Without him my grade for the film would have been a bit higher.

+++
Obi-Wan, Anakin/Ashoka, the clones, and it was short.

---
Zero, the baby, looks cheap especially where the characters noses connect to their faces, "Skyguy" and "R2-E" and it was very episodic. Also, Yoda was horribly annoying with his backwards speak.

As an aside, I had a free movie ticket that would have expired 8/20 and my only options were The Mummy 3 and this.
Grade: C

Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]