Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Sex and the City 

What grade would you give this film?
A 29%  29%  [ 7 ]
B 46%  46%  [ 11 ]
C 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
D 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
F 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 24

Sex and the City 
The Wall

Post Re: Sex and the City
getluv wrote:
I hate picking on people's reviews but i think you misunderstood the show/movie. Samantha being in a relationship just does not work and has no meaning to her.

Ummmm, it doesn't mesh well with the show. Samantha (on the show) cheated on Smith while they were at the party where she felt endangered because she was one of the oldest women there. She found that booty guy and had sex with him. Smith waited for her in the lobby and she was devastated she did that to him. So it wasn't believable to me that she would fantasize of cheating on him again. I mean, Smith was really the kind of man Samantha needed. That was just the way her character and Smith's developed on the show. This was like it looks and talks like Samantha but it's an alien in disguise.

getluv wrote:
I think Steve slept with someone else because Miranda wasn't showing him any love and because Miranda is so cynical and stuck up, he doesn't communicate with her.

That's the other problem. Miranda told him she changed because of him (in the movie). She was cynical and stuck up in the show, always too busy and buried with work. So when the show ended she changed into a somewhat family oriented person. Now in the movie (when she's supposedly changed) she's again busy and buried with work? People rarely get to their old habits when they get their family lives. It just changes them completely. They can just get sick of everything and want their old life back (something they tried with Sam, but in my opinion unsuccessfully) but Miranda felt too weird.

getluv wrote:
Charlotte pooping her pants incident actually helps to show what sort of character she is. Charlotte is all about looking classy and being prudish.

Her caution with Mexico was her, but the poop part? You can't tell me it didn't feel like a Farrelly scene.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:19 am
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

in all honesty i felt that Samantha's screentime was only a result of Kim Catrall's demand for more screentime to sign on. The ego overtook there and it damaged the movie a little.

Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:58 pm
Profile WWW
The Wall

The idea of catching them while they all have crisis in their love lives (bar Charlotte) was interesting. I just feel like they gave them all the wrong crisis to deal with. :tears:

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Superfreak

I confess I feel quite domesticated after seeing this...saw this and get smart yesterday....and i actually liked it alot...

A

Nuff said.

Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:27 pm
Forum General

saw it as I had no second movie to watch.

the Charlotte girl was ok. and had the best scene in the movie with big at the limo

the Sam girl was blah...

miranda what a bitch....and what she did was pretty bad compared to big and steve but of course the woman's movie plays it off. ( mr big called wanting to talk) & steve well tough question when your wife puts you tenth on her list.

SJP - as expected I guess.

>>>> one question, they didn't need charlotte's daughter in so many scenes....especially with all of the adult scenes.....

Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:58 pm
Devil's Advocate

Cant handle da truth wrote:
I confess I feel quite domesticated after seeing this...saw this and get smart yesterday....and i actually liked it alot...

A

Nuff said.

No really, it has more charm, better actors, and more layered characters than just about every other romcom released anytime recently. I wish they'd make more romantic comedies like this one.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:11 am
Speed Racer

Entertaining for sure, pointless too. There were some fantastic scenes (the wedding and everything with Miranda) and some annoying, unnecessary ones (mostly the first 40 minutes or so and Jennifer Hudson). But all in all I enjoyed it. I would have preferred another season though.

6/10 (B)

Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:18 am
Forum General

Sad-man wrote:
Entertaining for sure, pointless too. There were some fantastic scenes (the wedding and everything with Miranda) and some annoying, unnecessary ones (mostly the first 40 minutes or so and Jennifer Hudson). But all in all I enjoyed it. I would have preferred another season though.

6/10 (B)

I thought JH was ok as you need supporting characters to slice up the story. Better than more kid parts.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:50 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

I never watched Sex and the City tv show and never wanted to see the movie. But a few weeks ago went to see Prince Caspian and afterwards snuck into another theatre to see what was playing. It was Sex and the City and I knew the GF wanted to see it so I stayed even though it was midnight.

Well it surprised me more than I'd care to admit. I liked it immensely. The characters werent grating or man hating as I expected. It was entertaining, sweet and fun. Couldnt have asked for more :thumbsup:

I may actually check ot the tv show now.

Grade : B+

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:13 am
Speed Racer

Grill wrote:
Sad-man wrote:

6/10 (B)

I thought JH was ok as you need supporting characters to slice up the story. Better than more kid parts.

Supporting characters are fine as long as they are relevant to the story. Carrie getting an assistant was a lame idea and the character was pointless. Plus, Jennifer Hudson is incredibly overrated, though it's not as if she had much to work with. I thought it took a lot of wasted time that could've been spent on the other girls, like Charlotte who had very little screen time.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:08 pm
We had our time together

Boy was this movie looooooong. They should have AT LEAST cut 1 hour out of it. Basically nothing really interesting happend in the whole movie. Though I have to admit that this one scene where Carrie and Big meet on the streets after he said to her he wouldn't come, was brilliant. Rest was extremely blah. D+

Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Veteran

Forgot to review this..

So I kinda loved it. A lot. A/A-. May go to either one in the morning when I replay it in my head. After going through the whole series like a crack addict in the last month since it's release in theater's, finally I saw it. Now side note; I was not the biggest fan of the finale. To sudden. To much, to soon, to all over, to cliched. It all ended the way it should have, but that's just no Carrie. This is how the finale should have been. Fantastic. SJP was excellent as Carrie. The scene sans makeup and during her depression after the wedding was truly some of the best work she's put up for her Carrie ever. Cynthia Nixon was fantastic as always. Kristin Davis was excellent as Charlotte who I didn't love in the series but her, she was fantastic. Especially her two most notable scenes. And oh, how Kim Catrall owns Ms Jones. In all seriousness this is the most Samantha has ever grown, love her in a relationship but Wright fucked her up, like how she matured though. Again all acting was well very well done. The plot was good, not the best, the wedding seemed rushed but it played key to Carrie going overboard, in the worst way, for the first time in her life. But the movie just relies on the girls, and how friendship prevails. I am getting carried away here, but I really thought it was so well done. Sequel is fine, and welcomed, just give me a juicer plot.

Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:26 pm
Wallflower

I saw it earlier this summer and loved it. It was a blast, with some really good performances, not surprisingly. I loved Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon (she'll probably have one of my favorite supporting female performances of the year), and Kim Cattrall.

9/10 (A-)

Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:59 am
Award Winning Bastard

I was going to check this out online but got through the first minute before I realized it was going to be trash so I stopped watching.

Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:15 pm
Teh Mexican

For a straight guy who didnt watch a single episode its kinda weird to love this movie but i dont care, it was great and really funny!.

A-

:blush: ...

Wed Jan 07, 2009 6:36 pm
ef star star kay

can't believe I have just seen this film..

loved it

A-

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:36 am
100% That Bitch

Great film

A-

Tongue Pop!

I kneel with Magnus.

Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3