Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Cold War 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Cold War 
Let's Call It A Bromance

Post Cold War
Cold War

Quote:
Cold War is a 2012 Hong Kong police thriller film directed by Sunny Luk and Longman Leung, starring Aaron Kwok and Tony Leung Ka-fai, and guest starring Andy Lau. The film was selected as the opening film at the 17th Busan International Film Festival and released in Hong Kong, Macau, and mainland China on 8 November 2012.

The film's title, Cold War (寒戰), is derived from the code name used in the police operation where the plot of the film evolves.

The film won nine awards including Best Actor, Best Film, Best Director and Best Screenplay at the 32nd Hong Kong Film Awards.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:52 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Good movie. I felt the seriousnesss of the film wasn't all that well translated and believeable. At times I felt that the seriousness of Aaron Kwok's face (in every scene of the film) was just too much. Even when he was at home with his wife and daughter, why the need for the deep stare? It was odd. Although I really like Kwok as a star, he's not much of an actor. Although he did cry which was fine. In the hospital when that woman came in screaming "Vincent, Vincent" and crying, I assume it was his wife, but that was really bad acting.

Other than that the movie was good, and it kept the edge-of-your-seat suspense just about, but the film was a lot of talking and did need more action to warrant a better grade than a "B". I feel that they were trying to make a mature movie for adults about police corrruption, and they did that, but it just wasn't as high-end of a film as is being made in the US.

Also, the subtitles were up way to short and then gone. Not the film's problem, though.

B

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]