Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Blood Trails 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

Blood Trails 

Post Blood Trails
Blood Trails

Quote:
Blood Trails is a horror film, released in 2007 by Lions Gate Entertainment and starring Rebecca Palmer, Ben Price and Tom Frederic. It was directed by Robert Krause and won the Dawn by Dead Horror Festival Audience Award in 2006.

Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:27 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Post Re: Blood Trails
I liked it. I think I'd give it a 7/10 (B-).

Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:25 pm
You must have big rats

I read a positive review of it in Fangoria a while ago and based on that decided to check it out some weeks ago. Ended up being rather disappointing. I've gotta give the director props for being stylish and having a rather original approach to the way of filming this horror movie. I could actually imagine makeshift liking it.

The story is basically that a woman cheats on her boyfriend and has a one night stand with a sadistic cop. Some days later, she goes on a biking tour in the forest/hills with her boyfriend, but the cop stalks them, kills the boyfriend and everyone else in his way on his way to capture, torture and kill the woman.

Now the premise sounds pretty simple and unoriginal, but the movie's approach to it (blurry or fast-forwarding cinematography, blurred colors and flashbacks) is rather interesting. However, with all the style but nothing happening in the first 50 minutes of this 87-minutes movie it just gets quite tedious after a while and flat-out boring. It seems definitely that style starts to outweigh any substance here and the director wants to show off some of the visuals. The movie picks up in its final 15-20 minutes, but when all is said and done it ends on a rather unspectacular note. There are good moments here, but the whole thing isn't really worth a look.

Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:47 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]