Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 368 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 

What grade would you give this film?
A 54%  54%  [ 59 ]
B 27%  27%  [ 29 ]
C 6%  6%  [ 6 ]
D 6%  6%  [ 7 ]
F 7%  7%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 109

College Boy Z

Post Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith

Quote:
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is a 2005 American epic space opera film written and directed by George Lucas. It is the sixth and final film released in the Star Wars saga and the third in terms of the series' internal chronology.

The film takes place three years after the onset of the Clone Wars. The Jedi Knights are spread out across the galaxy leading a massive clone army in the war against the Separatists. The Jedi Council dispatches Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi to eliminate the evil General Grievous, leader of the Separatist Army. Meanwhile, Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker, separated from Kenobi, his former master, grows close to Palpatine, the Chancellor of the Galactic Republic and, unbeknownst to the public, a Sith Lord. Their deepening friendship proves dangerous for the Jedi Order, the galaxy, and Anakin himself, who inevitably succumbs to the Dark Side of the Force and transforms into Darth Vader.

Lucas began writing the script before production of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones began. Filming took place in Australia with additional locations in Thailand and Italy, and lasted over three months. The film was released in theatres on May 19, 2005, and received generally positive reviews from critics, especially in contrast to the previous two prequels.

It broke several box office records during its opening week and went on to earn over $848 million worldwide, making it the second highest grossing film in the Star Wars franchise (not adjusting for inflation). It was the highest grossing film of 2005 in the US, the second highest grossing film of 2005 worldwide behind Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It is the only Star Wars film to be rated PG-13 by the MPAA, M by the ACB and 12A by the BBFC.

Last edited by zingy on Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 18, 2005 3:29 pm
Romosexual!

Wed May 18, 2005 3:32 pm
Team Kris

WOOO Employee screening @ 3:30 pm PST!!!! LOL Sadly, I'm working while the employees are watching this.

Wed May 18, 2005 4:26 pm
Cream of the Crop

Good episode :) I really enjoyed it. It's not OT level but it's really well done and people should enjoy watching it.

Good B is my grade :)

Wed May 18, 2005 9:40 pm
Profile WWW
Award Winning Bastard

I'm far too drained to write a review. The most powerful and gripping climax in the history of cinema will have that kind of effect on a person. I'll write it up tomorrow when I've collected my thoughts.

Thu May 19, 2005 3:02 am
Killing With Kindness

I'm far too drained to write a review. The most powerful and gripping climax in the history of cinema will have that kind of effect on a person. I'll write it up tomorrow when I've collected my thoughts.

Awesome, see you tomorrow Mav. its still only 11pm here :cool:

Thu May 19, 2005 3:04 am
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

Yikes! What a good time I had at the midnight showing. Revenge of the Sith is every thing I hoped it would be. As a life long Star Wars fan who grew up with them and watched the OT countless times, as well as Ep. I and Ep II. I must say ROTS is among the best of the saga, up there with Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope. To those who have yet to see it, trust me after you do you will want to go home and pop A New Hope in the DVD player and continue the story.

10/10

1. Titanic - $600.8m
2. Star Wars - $461.0m
3. Shrek 2 - $441.2m
4. E.T. the Extra Terrestrial - $435.1m
5. The Phantom Menace - $431.1m
6. Spider-Man - $403.7m
7. Revenge of the Sith - $380.3m
8. Return of the King - $377.0m
9. Spider-Man 2 - $373.6m
10. The Passion of the Christ - $370.8m

Thu May 19, 2005 3:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
Mod Team Leader

I too am far too drained to write an in depth review about this staggering film. But as Mav said, this is an amazing film and although you know how much of it is going to end, to see it all take place is just brilliant, exhilirating and shocking. The last two battles will never leave my conscious and if you thought you that the pg 13 rating was just some markteing ploy, think again. This is no sissie film and the violence in it in some parts is similar to ROTK or King Arthur and so on. I am emotionally spent and left in awe of this film. I gave AOTC a 9.5, TPM a 9, ROTJ a 9.5, esb A 10 AND sw A 9.5. This has to be a 10 also. It is just a great great film. More tomorrow.

Thu May 19, 2005 3:27 am
Profile WWW
Christian's #1 Fan

I have to concur with everyone else. One of my favorites of the double-trilogy. I'm too exhausted to type more, but it is, for me, an 9.0/10 (A), one of my highest grades this year.

Thu May 19, 2005 3:29 am
Award Winning Bastard

The last two battles will never leave my conscious

Wasn't that just the most gripping and intense climax anybody could have hoped for?

Thu May 19, 2005 3:30 am
Mod Team Leader

Yikes! What a good time I had at the midnight showing. Revenge of the Sith is every thing I hoped it would be. As a life long Star Wars fan who grew up with them and watched the OT countless times, as well as Ep. I and Ep II. I must say ROTS is among the best of the saga, up there with Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope. To those who have yet to see it, trust me after you do you will want to go home and pop A New Hope in the DVD player and continue the story.

10/10

I so agree with you. I am going to sleep tonight with ANH playing in teh background.

Thu May 19, 2005 3:31 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

baumer72 wrote:
The last two battles will never leave my conscious

Wasn't that just the most gripping and intense climax anybody could have hoped for?

I feel bad for Yoda, he did not lose, he just didn't win. But that was what made the film so gripping....and when Anakin got f-ed up, unreal...just unreal.

Thu May 19, 2005 3:32 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

The movie gets an 8/10 from me and i'm still not sure if I give it an A- or a B+

great stuff here.

Thu May 19, 2005 3:37 am
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

There really is so much that can be said of the film, but I'll wait until tomorrow when i can gather my thoughts.

Thu May 19, 2005 3:38 am
Profile WWW
Commander and Chef

maybe a quick recap

Highlights:
Lucas' story as usual
2 light saber fight
a satisfying transformation of anakin to the dark side.

Bad
Editing
The fact that the first part of the movie felt too rushed <- my biggest complaint.
Explanation of Padme's death.
Massive battle sequences failed to generate any kind of response from me (and i blame this solely on Clone Wars)
The misleading campaign making you think Chewbacca has a huge part and we see Vader the way 'we know him' more.

Last edited by bABA on Thu May 19, 2005 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 19, 2005 3:41 am
Profile WWW
Kypade

Well, l'm not quite so enthusiastic... It certainly wasnt nearly as good as the OT, but it is far better than the first two. Definitely intense, and quite an experience...but not without faults. Right now its probably at about 8/10, but that could definitely rise (as l feel this will become one of the more rewatchable of the 6) with another viewing or 2.

Thu May 19, 2005 3:42 am
Team Kris

What a night. This movie is beyond anything I could have hoped for. The battle sequences left me in awe. The movie was non-stop throughout and I loved it more than all the other SW movies.

A+

Thu May 19, 2005 4:12 am
Profile WWW
Veteran

A+

More later

Thu May 19, 2005 4:23 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

Well, l'm not quite so enthusiastic... It certainly wasnt nearly as good as the OT, but it is far better than the first two. Definitely intense, and quite an experience...but not without faults. Right now its probably at about 8/10, but that could definitely rise (as l feel this will become one of the more rewatchable of the 6) with another viewing or 2.

Well, I really think it's rather unfair to assume that this was supposed to outdo the Original Trilogy cause it's not and I haven't even seen it yet til Friday and Saturday Night at 7:15 PM..I could've gone Thursday but duty calls... As for the film having faults?? ALL FILMS HAVE FAULTS.. Even now, the LOTR fans are starting to question whether that trilogy was in fact flawless cause it sure wasn't.. This movie also strikes me from the reviews, that it will require susbsequent viewings to digest it all and let things sink in.. I think what would really work for any real fan of SW is while viewing the movie, play the Old Trilogy out in your head, scene to scene and remember all the little things like how Luke gazed off into the twin sunsets VS How Owen held Luke while gazing off into that same sunset standing in the same position and in the end, when you can do that, you'll realize that George Lucas did in fact pull this off and prove many wrong that it couldn't be done.. I can't wait til Friday.. Was there any applause in the beginning and end or what?? :-k

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu May 19, 2005 4:29 am
Profile WWW
Team Kris

Kypade wrote:

Well, I really think it's rather unfair to assume that this was supposed to outdo the Original Trilogy cause it's not and I haven't even seen it yet til Friday and Saturday Night at 7:15 PM..I could've gone Thursday but duty calls... As for the film having faults?? ALL FILMS HAVE FAULTS.. Even now, the LOTR fans are starting to question whether that trilogy was in fact flawless cause it sure wasn't.. This movie also strikes me from the reviews, that it will require susbsequent viewings to digest it all and let things sink in.. I think what would really work for any real fan of SW is while viewing the movie, play the Old Trilogy out in your head, scene to scene and remember all the little things like how Luke gazed off into the twin sunsets VS How Owen held Luke while gazing off into that same sunset standing in the same position and in the end, when you can do that, you'll realize that George Lucas did in fact pull this off and prove many wrong that it couldn't be done.. I can't wait til Friday.. Was there any applause in the beginning and end or what?? :-k

There was a long standing ovation in my theater after it was over. You are gonna love this movie BKB, its the best of the whole saga in my book.

Thu May 19, 2005 4:36 am
Profile WWW
The Greatest Avenger EVER

BKB_The_Man wrote:
Kypade wrote:

There was a long standing ovation in my theater after it was over. You are gonna love this movie BKB, its the best of the whole saga in my book.

Come on now.. Don't give me the fanboy speal of a standing ovation cause I've never witnessed a standing ovation at any movie.. Applause?? Yeah.. Standing ovation?? Never.. Your not fibbing to BKB here are you?? :wink: :-k

This kills TDKR At the box office next summer.. Get used to this

Thu May 19, 2005 4:40 am
Profile WWW
Team Kris

KC wrote:
BKB_The_Man wrote:
Kypade wrote:

Come on now.. Don't give me the fanboy speal of a standing ovation cause I've never witnessed a standing ovation at any movie.. Applause?? Yeah.. Standing ovation?? Never.. Your not fibbing to BKB here are you?? :wink: :-k

Then I take it you haven't gone to the midnight show with people who waited over 6-8 hours in line to see and half of them were dressed up as Vader. Trust me, there was a standing ovation when the credits rolled.

Thu May 19, 2005 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Indiana Jones IV

AMAZING.

GRIPPING.

SUSPENSFUL.

WILL win academy awards for:

BEST DIRECTING EVER
BEST STORY EVER
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS EVER
BEST SCORE EVER
AND
BEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!

Thu May 19, 2005 5:08 am
Profile YIM WWW
Angels & Demons

My initial reaction is it was so much better than the first two.
I only winced at the dialogue once.
The relationship between Obi-Wan and Anakin was a lot better than the last movie.
Yoda is still a scene stealer.
The ending did a good job of transitioning into A New Hope

Must sleep on it and see it again this weekend.

http://www.ez1productions.com

Thu May 19, 2005 5:31 am
Profile WWW
College Boy Z

I give this movie a 300/10.

AMAZING.

GRIPPING.

SUSPENSFUL.

WILL win academy awards for:

BEST DIRECTING EVER
BEST STORY EVER
BEST VISUAL EFFECTS EVER