Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 

What grade would you give this film?
A 35%  35%  [ 9 ]
B 15%  15%  [ 4 ]
C 31%  31%  [ 8 ]
D 12%  12%  [ 3 ]
F 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 26

Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones 
Indiana Jones IV

A masterpiece. Brilliant in every way. Flawless.

160/10. (Changed - I made a mistake)

Last edited by Star Wars on Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:23 am
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

16/10.

Don't understand how you can LOVE this but absolutely hate THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK ... sure this is good, but no where near EMPIRE.

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:59 am
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

StarWarsEpisode7 wrote:

16/10.

Don't understand how you can LOVE this but absolutely hate THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK ... sure this is good, but no where near EMPIRE.

The Empire Strikes Back is overrated junk. It's not Godfather Part 2-esque type sequel!

Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Forum General

Yet you call yourself a STAR WARS fan :wink:

1. La La Land
2. Other People
3. Nocturnal Animals
4. Swiss Army Man
5. Manchester by the Sea
6. The Edge of Seventeen
7. Sing Street
8. Indignation
9. The Lobster
10. Hell or High Water

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
La Bella Vito

Empire Strikes Back is miles and miles better than this, so is Return Of The Jedi. Attack of The Clones is just average, nothing special at all.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:57 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Indiana Jones IV

Last edited by Star Wars on Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Mod Team Leader

This is the Star Wars we remember!, 16 May 2002

*** This comment may contain spoilers ***

May be some spoilers:

When you are as excited to see a film as I was to see STAR WARS EPISODE II ATTACK OF THE CLONES, the result almost certainly never lives up to the hype. Nothing could be further from the truth in this fifth installment of the beloved saga. Episode II not only lives up to the hype, it far surpasses it. I wasn't really in my theater going years in 1977, but this is what it must have been like to experience Star Wars for the first time. There is enough intrigue, action, betrayal, ostentatious whispers, lightsabre duals, romance, Yoda, Jedi's and Darth-bad guys all rolled into one pallette of synthetic brilliance to please anyone. When I tell you that this film is the film that we have all been waiting for, you have no idea what you are in for until you actually see it for yourself. You may have read every advance article, seen every interview and downloaded every still off the net that you could and still, nothing can prepare you for the experience you will witness when you see AOTC. Take all that was innocent about the first, add all that was dark about Empire, mix in all that was summed in Jedi and multiply all that was beautifully choreographed in Menace and you will still not understand the scope of a film that Clones is and will be after the ninth or tenth time you see it. I may change my mind upon further viewings of the film but as it stands right now, this is the best Star Wars film that is out there. I am having trouble putting into words what I am feeling and what I have just witnessed. Clones did something to me that very few films have managed to do....it made me cheer and holler and applaud the film at it's conclusion. Attack of the Clones is the personification of entertainment. This is how movies were meant to be seen. As much as I liked Spiderman, Clones will toy with it the way Count Dooku toyed with Anakin in this film.

There is some even better news and that is that the film is not nearly as hokey and poorly acted as most sanctimonious critics will have you believe. What you have to understand is that this romance that develops between Anakin and Amidala is a romance that is blossoming between two teens. They are going through many of the same growing pains that we all went through and just because one is a politician and the other a Jedi, does not mean that they are supposed to be wise in the ways of love. I thought Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman were perfect in the film as forbidden lovers. They are in a perpetual quandary and no matter what they do, they seem to be displeasing someone. But they eventually can't resist their feelings for one another and ultimately their relationship bonds. It was important to give plenty of credence and attention to this plot point because this is what ultimately drives Anakin to the dark side. The first half of the film wisely lets the two young ones discover their love for one another. There are people that will say that these scenes are slow and tedious but they set up the rest of the film and Episode III. The first half also introduces us to some of the events that will create the cataclysms in the years to come. Here we get to meet Jango Fett, father of Boba. We also get to see the nascency of the Storm Trooper. We are also prone to the Senator who talks with both sides of his mouth. All of the wheels are set in motion for the last hour of the film which is what everyone is going to be talking about. And what that last hour taught all of us in the theater is one thing.

DON'T MESS WITH YODA!

Yoda shows us all why he is the definitive Jedi master who takes umbrage with anyone who dare challenge his abilities.

I'm sure by now most of you have heard of Yoda and Dooku's epic battle but to see it will do things to you that no movie can. Yoda proves to Dooku that he is just as pedantic in the ways of the force as he is and he goes on to show him that no one messes with the Jedi master. This is a lightsabre duel that will stay with you long after you have left the theater. To watch him strike a ninja pose and then draw his lightsabre and battle Dooku tooth and nail was like no adrenaline rush I have been privy to without the aid of drugs. I am that serious. My seritonin levels sky-rocketed and the natural high I received from watching the final battle was just too good to be true. Yoda is the baddest Jedi of them all and there is only one battle that is left to be fought in the Star Wars saga and that is the battle between Darth Sidous and Yoda. Episode III is going to be amazing and I can guarantee you many fans will be counting down the days with great anticipation.

Attack of the Clones has in some ways left me speechless. It has many similarities to Empire Strikes Back right down to the final shot of four of our heroes standing with their backs to us looking out a window pondering what will happen in the next segment of their lives. I think Lucas is a genius and every nuance he created in the previous film was done so because it had a bearing on the present one. Episode II is not just a movie, it is an experience. This is the film to see this summer.

10 out of 10.....I wish I could say more but I feel like I would be going around in circles. This is just a film that must be experienced.

I love this movie!!

Sat May 07, 2005 9:13 am
Profile WWW
No Wire Tampons!

Whilst visually spectacular, these prequels show how much Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamil and Harrison Ford added to the first one.

Sure we kind of care for the characters here, but it seems Lucas wasn't as interested this time around in making them all that likable, rather playing with the [admittedly jaw dropping] new CGI.

However; i thought this was fun. A bit more grown up than The Phantom Menace [B-] and accordingly i feel it ranks just bellow The Empire Strikes Back in terms of star wars.

1. A New Hope [A/A-]
2. Return of the Jedi
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. Attack of the Clones
5. The Phantom Menace[B-]
Revenge of the Sith will find its place on that list tomorrow :D

I think ive become a star wars geek,

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:37 pm
Profile WWW
I'm Batman

Whilst visually spectacular, these prequels show how much Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamil and Harrison Ford added to the first one.

Sure we kind of care for the characters here, but it seems Lucas wasn't as interested this time around in making them all that likable, rather playing with the [admittedly jaw dropping] new CGI.

However; i thought this was fun. A bit more grown up than The Phantom Menace [B-] and accordingly i feel it ranks just bellow The Empire Strikes Back in terms of star wars.

1. A New Hope [A/A-]
2. Return of the Jedi
3. The Empire Strikes Back
4. Attack of the Clones
5. The Phantom Menace[B-]
Revenge of the Sith will find its place on that list tomorrow :D

I think ive become a star wars geek,

One of us, one of us...

Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:52 pm
No Wire Tampons!

Well i cant deny ive * really * enjoyed these movies. They are so fun and basically are the definition of a blockbuster.

What i have noticed is that film making today tries to avoid being cheesy like in the dawn of the blockbuster. Which is a mistake. Cheesiness when done right = fun. Fun = money
Sooner film makers realise that one the better :D

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:23 pm
Profile WWW
Voted Member of the Year

Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:54 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

An unfairly bashed Star Wars flick that is infinitely superior to the plain bad The Phantom Menace. Jar Jar Binks getting less screentime and the absence of Jake Lloyd made it quite bearable and it was not so much geared towards the young audiences anymore. I liked the way the mysteries and the storyline are played out in this one. The lightsaber fight between Yoda and Dooku at the end, stands as the best fight sequence in ALL Star Wars movies, in my opinion. Simply excellent. I wasn't much bothered by the romance part either. It probably helped that I saw this movie with zero expectations after the mind-boggling bad The Phantom Menace.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:56 am
Profile WWW
Speed Racer

The Empire Strikes Back is overrated junk. It's not Godfather Part 2-esque type sequel!

I wouldn't call it junk but I absolutely agree that Empire is overrated. The force training on Dagobah, for example, isn't that interesting and it goes on way too long. I think those scenes would have flowed better had the Falcon's escape from Hoth and their pursuit through the asteroid field been intercut with Luke's training instead of being presented in one continuous sequence. As it is, once we get to Dagobah the pace of the movie perceptibly sags and the ending of Empire must rank as the lamest attempt at a cliffhanger I've ever seen.

As for AotC, I liked it a lot. It's definitely up there with the best of the series.

Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:48 pm
Profile WWW
Cream of the Crop

This is the Star Wars we remember!, 16 May 2002

Attack of the Clones has in some ways left me speechless. It has many similarities to Empire Strikes Back right down to the final shot of four of our heroes standing with their backs to us looking out a window pondering what will happen in the next segment of their lives. I think Lucas is a genius and every nuance he created in the previous film was done so because it had a bearing on the present one. Episode II is not just a movie, it is an experience. This is the film to see this summer.

10 out of 10.....I wish I could say more but I feel like I would be going around in circles. This is just a film that must be experienced.

I love this movie!!

ahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:49 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Certainly an improvement on the dire Phantom Menace but that really is damning the movie with faint praise.

The action set pieces are grand and explosive as you'd expect and there is a lot of pleasure to be derived from watching Yodi hopping around like a demented Mexican runner bean but this films dialogue drags it down like a lead weight.

They say Luca's doesn't do dialogue to prepare you for the lunacy but some of the clunkers in this are painful on the eardrums to an unbelievable degree. And even thought it wisely tones down the whole trade organisation, galaxy politics talking heads interludes which killed the Phantom Menace it still allows a few of the little blighters to fester around the running time, its like listening to a 5 year old talk serious issues. Cute but very silly.

C

Last edited by Gulli on Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:26 pm
Devil's Advocate

The most forgettable Star Wars movie. Enjoyable, but... yeah. Hayden is a lot of the problem, I found it hard to get into the storyline of this person, I just hated that actor in this movie. Below Phantom Menace because even though the trade storyline in the first film was shit, it at least had the awesome pod racing scenes, Liam Neeson as Jin, as well as Darth Maul and the awesome light saber fight at the end. This was just kind of meh.

Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:42 pm
Extraordinary

Post Re: Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
sucks
F

Fri May 23, 2008 4:31 pm
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Some boring parts, bad acting from Christiensen and Portman and a bad romantic angle, but the OVERALL story arc and action/visuals make up for it.

B/B+

Fri May 23, 2008 6:33 pm
He didn't look busy?!

definitely the worst of the bunch. There's no feeling of "Star Wars is back" that TPM at least had going for it, and now, we get the crapfest that is George Lucas meets Hayden Christiansen (they're both good at what they do, but just weren't meant for one another). And the ending is hardly satisfying...it just tells you to come back for Part III. At least TPM had some real conclusion (its ending was great).

C-

Sat May 24, 2008 1:01 pm
Profile WWW
---------

My grade's fallen to a C+. I really can't believe that sand line got Anakin his first kiss.

Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:16 pm