Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 College Road Trip 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 2

College Road Trip 
Extraordinary

Post College Road Trip
College Road Trip

Quote:
College Road Trip is a 2008 American family/comedy directed by Roger Kumble and starring Martin Lawrence, Raven-Symoné, Brenda Song, Margo Harshman, and Donny Osmond. The film centers on college-bound teen Melanie Porter (Raven-Symoné), who goes on a road trip to different colleges with her father. The film was released by Walt Disney Pictures in the United States on March 7, 2008.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:21 pm
Profile WWW
What would Jesus *not* do?

Post Re: College Road Trip
Awful, but not god awful. Typical safe family friendly Disney fair that tween girls will love, because it has been so dumbed down to the point of absurdity. Those of you who criticized Juno for the way she talked better have a field day with the way the girls talk in this one. I have never ever ever heard any person (let alone a teenage girl) speak like they do in this film. Martin Lawrence once again proves he has no shame and will do anything to collect a paycheck. While Raven Simone proves she can't act for anything. And don't get me started on Donnie Osmonds performance *shudder*.

Grade F

1. Slumdog Millionaire
2. Wall-E
3. Dark Knight
4. In Bruges
5. Tropic Thunder
6. Young @ Heart
7. Mongol
8. The Band's Visit
9. Visitor
10. Iron Man

Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:45 pm
Veteran

There's bad, then there is this. Like I knew it was going to be bad, but i was hoping Raven could salavge something, but she didn't really do anything for me until the end. It's the kinda of bad where the film knows how bad it is, to the point where the family has a pig, and the pig has it's own plot. I dont even know why they have this "pig".It's pretty awful, and the Donny Osmund part, Im going to have nightmares D-. Almost an F, Raven salavged some of it.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:53 pm
Superman: The Movie

I got dragged into this because it was a family trip to the theater and nothing else worked out timewise. If you think the previews make the film look bad, you ain't seen nothing yet. Any glimmer of hope I had vanished within the first five minutes. Lawrence is on absolute auto-pilot. Every thing he does in the film just feels absolutely forced. And then there's Raven Simone. This is one of the most egotistical efforts I've seen in quite sometime. In addition to just being in the film and having her own musical number, she gets an executive producer credit? And she had an assistant? Why? It's not like she has any bit of talent, which is clearly on display in this film. She has a shitty singing voice and she overacts every chance she gets. I mean this in all honesty when I say she should never be allowed to act in a film again. And as for her and the two girls throughout the movie, I just wanted to beat the living shit out of them. They make Juno seem normal.

Now, I am by no means the film's intended target audience, but I'm having a hard time seeing what kids could take from this film. I think this film is shooting for a 12 year old audience, but I can't see it being effective on any of them. 12 year olds know bullshit when they see it, and they should see the bullshit in this. And the thing I love, is I know this is a Disney film, but I just love how they try and pass off a high school graduation party as a "54" looking type event, just minus the sex, booze and drugs. I guess I missed the parties with confetti being released from the ceiling.

When Donny Osmond and a pig are the best things in a film, it's no coincidence that it's a piece of shit. Once again, I know I'm not the film's target audience, but this is one of the biggest pieces of shit I've ever seen.

No Stars

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:08 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]