Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Monster Hunter 

Rate this film:
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Monster Hunter 
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Monster Hunter
Quote:
Monster Hunter is a 2020 kaiju film produced, written and directed by Paul W. S. Anderson, based on the video game series of the same name by Capcom. The film stars Milla Jovovich, Tony Jaa, Tip "T. I." Harris, Meagan Good, Diego Boneta, Josh Helman, Jin Au-Yeung and Ron Perlman.

A film adaptation based on the series has been in conception since 2012 by director Paul W. S. Anderson. The film was formally announced by Capcom in October 2018, with production starting that month with Constantin Film. Principal photography on the film began on October 5, 2018, and was completed on December 19, 2018, in Cape Town, South Africa.

Monster Hunter was released in China on December 4, 2020, and in the United States on December 18, 2020, by Sony Pictures Releasing through the Screen Gems label (excluding Germany, Japan, and China). The film received mixed reviews from critics, with praise for the visual effects and action sequences, but criticism aimed at the screenplay and editing.

Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:20 am
KJ's Leading Idiot

Post Re: Monster Hunter
I haven't played the game or heard about it before so this was surprisingly great monster flick which had hardly three lines before it hit second hour mark. I was also surprised by the alien design and visuals for such a moderate budget movie. The spider web part was in particularly great. Milla Jovovich does really well teaming up with her husband and if you are a fan of Resident Evil this will be particularly great movie to watch. The rest of the American cast does not make much of an impact as they are hardly in the movie but Jovovich and Tony Jaa had great chemistry that helped the movie. The finale team-up came in a little too sudden but it works as well as it can in a brainless action movie like this.

I am sure many people will take away word from the movie and that's "chocolate"

B-

Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:25 am
Forum General

Post Re: Monster Hunter
This was so shallow and forgettable, but I liked Tony Jaa's character and Milla's character grew on me more as the movie went along. The creature action is pretty well done though and I thought the CGI looked pretty damn good too, especially for the spider creatures, but I never got much more from it other than just mindless entertainment.

C

Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]