Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 

What grade would you give this film?
A 91%  91%  [ 41 ]
B 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
C 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
D 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
F 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 45

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 
llegó a la casa vía marítima

Post Re: Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
This is the most epic film I've ever seen. Stunning sights and visuals, the world of Middle-Earth comes to life so magnificently in this film. It's the most beautiful of the three. The performances are all amazing, and the film takes itself so seriously that you can't help be drawn into it. Normally people speaking in made-up languages and saying stuff like "there is a fell voice on the wind" would be cheesy as hell, but Jackson pulls it off in a way that it becomes awe-inspiring. The death scenes are very well-realized, but the production values are the true stars.

A+

Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:24 pm
Confessing on a Dance Floor

TTT and ROTK are better. Still an A- though.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:58 pm
Forum General

Sure TTT had better battles, however The ents made me fall asleep.

Sure ROTK had eliphants but the 11 different endings almost ruin the film.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

It goes to black like TWICE.

You're an insane person.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:04 pm
Forum General

I am insane...

That was the main and major complaint about the film and imo the many endings were useless.

The film should have ended at the Grey Heavens. It would be been one of the most picturesque endings ever.

Instead at a ugly looking yellow door.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:13 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

:disgust:

You call yourself a fan/moviebuff

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:25 am
Us v Them

Mannyisthebest wrote:
I am insane...

That was the main and major complaint about the film and imo the many endings were useless.

The film should have ended at the Grey Heavens. It would be been one of the most picturesque endings ever.

Instead at a ugly looking yellow door.

I agree. The Grey Heavens ending would've been probably the most beautiful ending of a movie ever. But the last time I was asked about that I really answered that this scene was actually the ending. I imagine the better thing. :zonks:

Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 am
Extraordinary

Magnus wrote:
Overrated. Not best of the series. But my love for it initially and the fact that it was the first one still make me grade it highly even though it is dreadful to watch again.

Finally the truth starts to seep out from under the heaping garbage can of hype...

Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:51 am
Killing With Kindness

Magnus wrote:
Overrated. Not best of the series. But my love for it initially and the fact that it was the first one still make me grade it highly even though it is dreadful to watch again.

A-

Absolute bilge, the film is A+ quality with every bloody viewing. TTT is an A fo sho outstanding replay value. I will not argue that ROTK is boring unwatchable drivel.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:49 am
Profile WWW
He didn't look busy?!

Has anyone else felt like watching all the fantasies made since then - primarily Narnia, Eragon, and TGC - has made these films seem even higher in quality? I mean, I don't think anyone can stage a fantasy setting better than Jackson and his crew; they do it so seemlessly.

Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:52 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Ive come to believe that this is the best one. On multiple viewings this holds up better than the others. One of my all time favourites.

Grade: A+

Overall;

Fellowship A+
Two Towers (extended) A (theatrical) B+
Return of the King A (almost A+)

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 am
Sbil

Impeccably made and designed but a little dull. I think the second and third films, particularly the third, were much better. B

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:29 am
Hold the door!

Post Re: The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
This is my second favorite installment in one of my favorite franchises, after ROTK, which I believe has a better balance of story and action than its two predecessors. I read the Hobbit, loved it, read Fellowship, hated it and could not even get through the Two Towers it was so boring. But luckily these movies trim the boring fat from the novel and the truly masterful storytelling is able to shine through. I'm a huge fan of the Harry Potter books, but as adaptations, the movies really don't come close to being as satisfying as Jackson's Rings films (though I do enjoy them more since I think Harry Potter has a better story and characters than LOTR, even if the films are technically made worse). This is just truly successful in immersing the viewer in the world of Middle Earth, and I wish the adaptation of the Hobbit could have been as crisp and clean as this trilogy.

A+

Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:28 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

My annual rewatch of the series. This series to this day stays the best trilogy ever made. My grades have pretty much standard now

TFOTR - A+
TTT - A
TROTK - A+ (like this one slightly better than TFOTR)

Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:57 am
The Kramer

Will never forget the Lord of the Rings and how they made movies as a whole even better.

Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:08 pm
Indiana Jones IV

Watching this was one of the most mesmerizing movie experiences of my life. I was completely blown away by the first two hours, on every possible level. I would give them 10/10. The 3rd hour on the other hand always only seemed "only" very good to me. 8/10. I think the film would have worked better, if the Moria was slightly smaller, and the climax was bigger. Now the film peaks at the 2-hour mark.

It still comes together as a 9/10. Probably one of the best 20 movies I've ever seen. I think this is the best of the trilogy. I love the two other as well.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Jack Sparrow wrote:
My annual rewatch of the series. This series to this day stays the best trilogy ever made. My grades have pretty much standard now

TFOTR - A+
TTT - A

Have you seen the extended edition TTT? It's a big improvement over the theatrical version for me.

Whereas ROTK theatrical is probably better as the theatrical version (Erendis made a good case for this on this forum a number of years ago).

Fellowship is my favourite and the trilogy still remains one of the highlights of my moviegoing. Favourite trilogy easily (only the Before films get close).

Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 pm
KJ's Leading Idiot

MadGez wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

TFOTR - A+
TTT - A

Have you seen the extended edition TTT? It's a big improvement over the theatrical version for me.

Whereas ROTK theatrical is probably better as the theatrical version (Erendis made a good case for this on this forum a number of years ago).

Fellowship is my favourite and the trilogy still remains one of the highlights of my moviegoing. Favourite trilogy easily (only the Before films get close).

Yes I only have extended version copies with me. Indeed for TTT extended version is an improvement from theatrical version. Still it always sort of feels like middle chapter and even though it works as an individual film to complete the journey it needs TROTK which is not the case with the other two. Yes extended version doesn't add much to ROTK yet its the emotional send off that works the best for me. It is indeed the best trilogy ever and I look forward to my summer re-watch every year.

Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:49 pm
Dont Mess with the Gez

Jack Sparrow wrote:
MadGez wrote:
Jack Sparrow wrote:

TFOTR - A+
TTT - A

Yes I only have extended version copies with me. Indeed for TTT extended version is an improvement from theatrical version. Still it always sort of feels like middle chapter and even though it works as an individual film to complete the journey it needs TROTK which is not the case with the other two. Yes extended version doesn't add much to ROTK yet its the emotional send off that works the best for me. It is indeed the best trilogy ever and I look forward to my summer re-watch every year.

Yes - TTT is still ranked third for me as well even though I do love it. I originally loved ROTK the most but now FOTR may have edged back ahead - very close.

Interestingly, I loved ROTK immediately upon first viewing whereas I didnt love FOTR as much as id hoped upon seeing it the first time. It was only the second time that i fell in love with it.

And agree - year viewings are the best. I used to do that but haven't for a while - so keen to resume after a long break.

Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:27 am
Forum General

I've been playing a lot of Elder Scrolls Online and something in the music reminded me of LOTR, so I started reading it. Once I got past Tom Bombadil, I got impatient and put in the extended version of Fellowship. This has been my favorite movie since it came out. What really stood out to me this time is how brilliant Howard Shore's score is. Absolutely amazing. A+

I also watched the 6 hours of documentaries with the EE. Just incredible how these movies came together.

Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Hold the door!

This must have been mind blowing in 2001. Having finally finished the books, the movies are truly excellent adaptations, emphasizing the best parts and leaving out the full ones. The special effects hold up well, the Balrog looks a little chintzy but nothing too bad. Acting is good too, and the costumes and sets. Story is hard to comment on as so many things have borrowed since it doesn’t feel as fresh as it probably once did, but still a masterfully told story.

Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3