Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Tigger Movie 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Tigger Movie 

Post The Tigger Movie
The Tigger Movie

Quote:
The Tigger Movie is a 2000 animated family film directed by Jun Falkenstein. Part of the Winnie-the-Pooh series, this film features Pooh's friend Tigger in his search for his family tree and other Tiggers like himself. As such, the story line may be viewed as an allegory about an adoptee's search to understand the meaning of family.

The film was the first feature-length theatrical Pooh film to not be a collection of previously-released shorts, which is the case with 1977's The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Thanks to its success, two more feature-length Pooh movies were released to theaters: Piglet's Big Movie in 2003 and Pooh's Heffalump Movie in 2005.

The film features original songs from the Sherman Brothers, the long-time Disney songwriting team who are well known for their contributions to other Disney films such as Mary Poppins, Bedknobs and Broomsticks, and The Jungle Book, as well as the original Winnie the Pooh shorts.

The film was originally slated for video release until Disney CEO Michael Eisner heard the Sherman Brothers' score and decided to release the film in theaters worldwide.

Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:17 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

Another one in the "Don't ask me why I saw this"-series, but at least I think my excuse is better this time around. I must say that I grew up loving Winnie Pooh and the characters, but this movie certainly didn't recapture that magic. Maybe that was because Pooh wasn't the main character, maybe because I am simply way too old for this. I can imagine little kids enjoying this a lot, but it mostly left me cold, one or two amusing scenes aside. It does have a good message, though and simply the nostalgic factor raises the grade a notch, but I still believe that kids or not, a better movie can be made with the characters.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]