Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Mad Money 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Mad Money 

Post Mad Money
Mad Money

Quote:
Mad Money is a 2008 comedy-crime film starring Diane Keaton, Queen Latifah, and Katie Holmes, and directed by Callie Khouri.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Superman: The Movie

Post Re: Mad Money
I just got back. I'll have my review up soon because I know all the people who want to see this are dying to read it.

http://www.worldofkj.com/articleIndex.php?tid=31271

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:18 pm
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

I expected no less. :D

Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:08 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

A dull, poorly-written comedy that does not use its strong cast to their full extent. Every one of the actors looks bored here and has done better work. Diane Keaton is incredibly unlikable despite the many attempts to make her seem sympathetic. Her whole motivation for going into the "heist" scheme in the first place is completely ridiculous. She does her best, but the role is written in such a shrill, annoying way that it soon becomes hard to endure. Queen Latifah does a decent job and probably gives the strongest performance out of the cast. Her character is likable and sympathetic and she provides a few laughs here and there. Now onto Katie Holmes. She skates by on the charm that made her a star in TV's "Dawson's Creek," but one has to wonder why she would take on such a vapid, utterly pointless role. The character is one of the most idiotic individuals I've seen in a major motion picture in quite some time, and it's sad to see the actress slumming after proving in films such as Pieces of April that she has genuine talent. Supporting players such as Ted Danson are unmemorable and barely register by the end of the film. The real flaws here are the completely lifeless, unoriginal direction (seriously, how many scenes of the actresses throwing money in the air do we need?) and the weak screenplay - which requires suspension of disbelief to the fullest extent. It's not completely painful to sit through, but everyone involved is better than this project. C

Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:13 pm
Profile YIM
Wallflower

MAD MONEY - 7/10 ( B )

This was surprisingly really fun and funny. I love Diane Keaton. I thought the music was great too.

Thu May 08, 2008 11:32 pm
i break the rules, so i don't care

B

I enjoyed this a whole lot more than I should have. it moves quickly and its never boring. All 3 actresses have been in better form though and the material here isn't much to keep your attention span.

Sun May 11, 2008 1:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]