Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Roger Dodger 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Roger Dodger 

Post Roger Dodger
Roger Dodger

Quote:
Roger Dodger is a 2002 American comedy film noir that explores the relationship between men, women, and sex. Directed by Dylan Kidd and starring Campbell Scott and Jesse Eisenberg, the film follows Roger Swanson (Scott) and his nephew (Eisenberg) during a night on the town in search of sex.

Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Devil's Advocate

Post Re: Roger Dodger
AWESOME

Maybe one of the best scripts I've heard, it's certainly one of the sharpest and funniest. I could chew on the dialogue in this movie all day, it's just... brilliant.

Campell Scott's Roger has to be one of the coolest movie characters ever. He just embodies the stuff. And underneath, he has that lonely edge to him, he's never upfront about it but it's clearly there. For example in the scene where Nick is talking to Sofia on the bench, there's a moment where Roger is looking at them silently but the gaze in his eyes says everything. Is he envious that he can't be innocent or have that excitement anymore? Does he force the good cop-bad cop idea(won't spoil) after because he know it won't work and doesn't want Nick to succeed? Brilliant stuff.

Jesse Eisenberg also played his part perfectly, reminded me a bit of Cera in Superbad except more natural and real overall. Like Scott, really good deliveries and chemistry with everyone around him.

Kidd shoots the film pretty well, the half shaky cam kind of feels like Greengrass restrained in the right way, and I liked the close-ups between the characters.

This is probably one of the best sex and single guy player movies I've seen. Hilarious, insightful, real. Perfect.

5/5

Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]