Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 27 Dresses 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 7 ]
B 14%  14%  [ 2 ]
C 29%  29%  [ 4 ]
D 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 14

27 Dresses 
We had our time together

Post Re: 27 Dresses
I kinda enjoyed it till Heigl ruined the wedding of her sister which I totally hated. Who does something like this? Maybe I'm just putting too much thought in there but after that I just waited for the film to end. D-

Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:58 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Riggs wrote:
I kinda enjoyed it till Heigl ruined the wedding of her sister which I totally hated. Who does something like this? Maybe I'm just putting too much thought in there but after that I just waited for the film to end. D-

Umm... her sister deserved it. That whore.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:52 pm
We had our time together

Chip [Bot] wrote:
Riggs wrote:

No she did not. At least not that public. Heigl's the whore here.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:05 pm
Profile WWW
KJ's Leading Pundit

Wrong.

Your relationships must be screwed up.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:10 pm
ef star star kay

Riggs wrote:
Chip [Bot] wrote:
Riggs wrote:

No she did not. At least not that public. Heigl's the whore here.

Agree, Heigl's character was such a bitch there.

BUT that didn't make me hate the film (like it did to you), though. In fact, I kind of liked this turn of Heigl's character. Her action wasn't out of blue or anything. She thought it was the right thing to do, she thought she has been on the unfair side for her whole life and it's time to get even. But boy, she was wrong, as proved by her best friend in the followed scene.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:57 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

It was the right THING to do... sure, not the right TIME... but it was the right THING.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:04 pm
ef star star kay

Chip [Bot] wrote:
It was the right THING to do... sure, not the right TIME... but it was the right THING.

Ok, then..

Right thing in the wrong time = not right

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:21 pm
KJ's Leading Pundit

No, still right.

She had no other time. She had to do it, it was just at the wrong time. Still the right thing to do.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:27 pm
ef star star kay

Well, not that I hated that scene (I didn't). It's just that I would rather like to believe that the scene was there to provide some depth to Heigl's character, by making her character imperfect. She was just about to get start with the idea of 'I've had enough, I'm going to get what I should have'. And she became blind with this so called 'free myself' idea and it led her to the mistake she did. Sometimes, it's not always about what is right or what is wrong.

And to back up my belief, I have to say it was a mistake, a bitchy thing to do.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:16 pm
Extraordinary

Errr... this is a movie y'all's talkin' about right? This t'ain't real life people been done wrong here, eh...

:ashamed:

Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:07 am
Sbil

Hahaha no offense y'all, but I do find it a bit funny you're discussing ethics and morality based on a scene from 27 Dresses.

Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:52 am
ha ha, charade you are

I finally watched 27 Dresses on DVD last night with a few friends. There were some cute parts to the movie, but not enough to keep me engaged for the length of it. I think my favorite scene was the bar/party scene at the beginning of the movie. It was funny to see how she screamed obscenities to a 50th wedding anniversary party. I also thought that though she was thinking that the flowers came from her boss and he had actually left a dry-cleaning request, her reaction to him was well played.

The scene when they start singing the Elton John song was good, but even though I have seen similar things in real life normally they never happen that fast and take a few songs to get going. The chemistry between Heigl and Marsden seemed "jumpy" … i.e. there were scenes where it seemed they were forcing the chemistry. Also, if one of my sisters had done something like Heigl did right before the other sister was going to get married, they definitely wouldn't have such an easy time making up. And I didn't like Marsden's editor, too bland imo.

Overall the movie was a somewhat entertaining chic flick that had too many bland moments to make up for some good ones. Heigl did fine with what she had and I still think she's going to be good in the future.

C+/B-

Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:59 am
Superman: The Movie

I wish I could've liked it, but it's hard to like any film in which you absolutely don't give a shit about the characters. There were brief moments in the film that I enjoyed and I thought Marsden and Heigl worked well together (I really stopped caring after the montage in which she tries on all 27 dresses), but any scene they're not in together just wasn't worth wasting any time over. Edward Burns just brought nothing to the table. You can tell he's just in it to finance another independent film he'll direct and no one will care about. Malin Ackerman proves once again that she's nothing more than a Cameron Diaz clone. And Judy Greer just forces it in almost every scene she's in. There's a way to be sarcastic and funny at the same time, and Greer who can pull off didn't seem to even bother.

I did like the scene though where Heigl's character outs her sister and causes her engagement to fall apart and how everything from there on out just seemed to work out well for her. That's right kids. Crush the people closest to you and you'll get everything you wanted and more in the end.

*½

If I’m not here, I’m on Letterboxd.

Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:50 am
Profile WWW
Sbil

I <3 this movie

Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:54 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3