Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 101 Reykjavík 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

101 Reykjavík 
Extraordinary

Post 101 Reykjavík
101 Reykjavík

Quote:
101 Reykjavík is a 2000 film set in Reykjavík, Iceland based on a book of the same name by Hallgrímur Helgason. It was directed by Baltasar Kormákur and stars Victoria Abril and Hilmir Snær Guðnason. The name of the film is taken from the postal code for down-town Reykjavík, "the old city". The film won nine B-class film awards and received ten nominations most notably winning the Discovery Film Award at the Toronto International Film Festival.

American Hustle - B+
Inside Llewyn Davis - B
Before Midnight - A
12 Years a Slave - A-
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - A-

My thoughts on box office

Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:38 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: 101 Reykjavik
Hmmmm interesting little Icelandic film this. Some things I picked up.

It depicts the boring montony of small town life very well, most of the characters spend their time pissed out of their heads or having wild sex....................ok maybe the second one isn't typical small town stuff but its good to watch!!

The Spainish Lesbian Lady looks damned good, bar when it rains and her head then resembles the contents of a pineapple after its been hit with a mallet.

The main "hero" is a bit of a self centred lazy git with an odd habit of laying down in the snow smoking from time to time. One of these days the stupid bastard is going to freeze to death I just know it.

The evidence that non Anglo-Euro's have a deep love for visible Penis displays grows. Put a towel on man!! Naturally I have no problem with the ample displays of Breast since I'm a guy and this contradiction is to be expected.

So in summary a decent enjoyable film that makes me want to move to Iceland at points, and run like fuck from it at others.

Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]