Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 From Dusk Till Dawn 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
B 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
C 25%  25%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4

From Dusk Till Dawn 
College Boy Z

Post From Dusk Till Dawn
From Dusk Till Dawn

Quote:
From Dusk till Dawn is a 1996 horror film directed by Robert Rodriguez and written by Quentin Tarantino. The movie stars Harvey Keitel, George Clooney, Quentin Tarantino and Juliette Lewis.

A real vampire movie. George Clooney was born to play the role of Sid.

And.. Salma Hayek... wow.

A-

Last edited by zingy on Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:22 pm
now we know

This is the definitive vampire film, because its not only that, its a convict film also, brilliant!!!!!!! its sequels are lame.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
You must have big rats

From Dusk Till Dawn - A+

This is the definitive vampire film, because its not only that, its a convict film also, brilliant!!!!!!! its sequels are lame.

Ditto.

I give it an A. To me, it is the best vampire film ever made with an amazing cast and great pace.

Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:56 pm
Profile WWW
We had our time together

From Dusk Till Dawn is one hell of a ride from beginning to end. Clooney is cooler than cool. The first 40 minutes are brilliant, the rest is the most fun I've ever had in a Vampire movie. A-

Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:04 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

i thought it was good but not THAT good! obviously way overrated by you guys...but we all have different taste of movie..so..
Salma Hayek its hot in this movie :D ....thats my highlight.....

B-

Tue Feb 08, 2005 5:20 am
Mod Team Leader

Okay, first of all let me just make this very clear. I have never watched one single episode of ER in my life ( honest ). So what I am about to say has nothing to do with some ridiculous love for the show. Having said that, let me tell you that George Clooney makes this film the classic that it is. It is a great fi, because of Tarantino's writing and Rodriguez' style and it has a fun story and the other actors are really good in it. But there is just something about Clooney that makes every scene that he's in believable. His interpretation of Seth Gecko is so amazing and so believable. Take for instance the scene in the bar when he is teaching Kate how to slam a shooter. He downs his own and then slams his glass down three times on the table. It is tiny subtleties like this that make his interpretation of his character so real. Every scene that he is in is a lesson in acting. He can take any dialogue, whether it is bad or good and hit just the right note. Take for instance the film A Thin Red Line. Now that was a really really really bad movie. But when he was on screen for 30 seconds, it made me forget that it was a bad movie and I was absorbed by what his character was saying. Now that is power.

Someday Clooney is going to win an Oscar and when he does people will look back at his career and say " You know what? He was really good in that weird Tarantino film. " And I'll say I told you so.

This film is a lot of fun and it has a lot of twists and turns and plus Tom Savini is in the film and that is worth seeing as well. But for a clinic in acting and a great character he has to work with, see this film, you will be so happy you did.

Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:55 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

In terms of outright enjoyment this is probably the best thing Tarantino has ever been involved in. The melding of the QT dialogue with Rodriguez lunacy works really well and like mentioned above Clooney really stands out.

A

Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:01 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Okay, first of all let me just make this very clear. I have never watched one single episode of ER in my life ( honest ). So what I am about to say has nothing to do with some ridiculous love for the show. Having said that, let me tell you that George Clooney makes this film the classic that it is. It is a great fi, because of Tarantino's writing and Rodriguez' style and it has a fun story and the other actors are really good in it. But there is just something about Clooney that makes every scene that he's in believable. His interpretation of Seth Gecko is so amazing and so believable. Take for instance the scene in the bar when he is teaching Kate how to slam a shooter. He downs his own and then slams his glass down three times on the table. It is tiny subtleties like this that make his interpretation of his character so real. Every scene that he is in is a lesson in acting. He can take any dialogue, whether it is bad or good and hit just the right note. Take for instance the film A Thin Red Line. Now that was a really really really bad movie. But when he was on screen for 30 seconds, it made me forget that it was a bad movie and I was absorbed by what his character was saying. Now that is power.

Someday Clooney is going to win an Oscar and when he does people will look back at his career and say " You know what? He was really good in that weird Tarantino film. " And I'll say I told you so.

This film is a lot of fun and it has a lot of twists and turns and plus Tom Savini is in the film and that is worth seeing as well. But for a clinic in acting and a great character he has to work with, see this film, you will be so happy you did.

Figured Id just quote that as Clooney won an Oscar last year for Directing though.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:24 pm

This movie is awesome, one of my favorite horror films and is quite violent. As great as Rodriguez and especially Tarantinos films really are, this film always gets lost, but I think the film is very brilliant and while there only true un oscar material film, its so enjoyable with great twists on vampire mythology and great characters.

Makes me so excited for Grindhouse.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:27 pm
You must have big rats

baumer72 wrote:

Figured Id just quote that as Clooney won an Oscar last year for Directing though.

No, for Acting.

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:55 pm
Profile WWW
Mod Team Leader

Yep, best supp for Syrianna. And my review was written in 1999. :biggrin:

Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:13 am
Profile WWW

what a spaceout I just had, yes it was for acting.

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:

Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:18 pm
loyalfromlondon

Post Re: From Dusk Till Dawn
Way too ridiculous and over-the-top, far more than is entertaining or even tolerable. I love my mindless action flicks as much as the next guy (ok, maybe a bit less than the next guy) but I found this to be totally beyond mindless and nearly unwatchable. Once the vampires are introduced (far too late into the narrative) the tone shifts radically from a grim, twisted hostage/crime caper with that QT edge into a lunatic blend of horror and action, and it's not dealt with skillfully or cleverly at all. The last half hour is too cheesy, too silly, and too stupid to fit with what came before it. Rodriguez's and Tarantino's styles don't mesh as easily as they should, and the film suffers because of it. Clooney is magnetic and fantastic, but he's on a sinking ship here.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:53 pm
Speed Racer

I love this movie. It's so much fun. This is over the top in the best way possible. And the entire cast is great here. I loved Juliette Lewis during this time. I thought she rocked. She was great in movies like CAPE FEAR and NATURAL BORN KILLERS. I really don't get all the hate she gets. My favorite part is probably the vampire playing a guitar made out of a dismembered body. Too bad the sequels sucked.

8/10 (A-)

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:08 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Sad-man wrote:
I love this movie. It's so much fun. This is over the top in the best way possible. And the entire cast is great here. I loved Juliette Lewis during this time. I thought she rocked. She was great in movies like CAPE FEAR and NATURAL BORN KILLERS. I really don't get all the hate she gets. My favorite part is probably the vampire playing a guitar made out of a dismembered body. Too bad the sequels sucked.

8/10 (A-)

:thumbsup:

I like you, make sure you stick around!

Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:32 pm
Speed Racer

:) :D

I will stick around, but just because there's some gum in my shoe.

Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:14 pm
Okay, I Believe You But My Tommy Gun Don't

I think I should let it be known from the beginning, I am not a horror fan...not at all.

From Dusk till Dawn starts off amazing. The opening scene is quintesential QT and I love the path the movie takes. I give credit to QT and Rodriquez for making a movie similar to Psycho in the sense that the movie drastically switches paths halfway through it. Once the movie takes a turn towards horror and vampries I began to not like because it became cliche and same old, same old (I saw this movie when it first came out). However, the first part of the movie was great because it was QT being....QT.

I HATE MICHAEL BAY

Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]