Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Pumping Iron 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 0

Pumping Iron 
College Boy Z

Post Pumping Iron
Pumping Iron

Quote:
Pumping Iron is a 1977 docudrama about the world of bodybuilding. The book as well as the movie are about the run-up to the 1975 Mr. Olympia bodybuilding competition. Released by George Butler's company Cinegate, the film focuses on Arnold Schwarzenegger and his competitors, Lou Ferrigno and Franco Columbu. The documentary was co-directed by Robert Fiore and George Butler. It was based on the book of the same name by Charles Gaines and George Butler (Simon and Schuster, 1974).

Pumping Iron documents, and to some extent dramatises, what is commonly referred to as "The Golden Age" of bodybuilding, a time when mass and size mattered less and symmetry and definition of the body was preferred. The documentary follows the two main bodybuilding competitions, the IFBB Mr. Universe (for amateurs) and the Mr. Olympia (for professionals) in Pretoria, South Africa. Though the documentary focuses on Schwarzenegger, many notable bodybuilders make appearances, including Lou Ferrigno, Franco Columbu, Mike Mentzer, Robby Robinson, Mike Katz, Albert Beckles, Ken Waller, Frank Zane, Paul Grant, Ed Corney, Serge Nubret and Danny Padilla. Ed Corney appeared on the front dust jacket of the hardcover edition of the book and the front of the softcover version, as well as on the poster for the movie.

The film was re-released on DVD in 2003 for the 25th Anniversary of the original. The DVD featured behind the scenes footage and recent interviews with the cast.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:17 pm
now we know

Forgot to put it on my top 100, it would place nicely at about 95-ish. It is a brilliant film (documentary, whatever) and i love it. It follows Arnold on his Mr Olympia Championship, and i love learning about the bodybuilding trade, esp with some like Arnold around. Good movie. Its hard to explain, but i love it.

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:37 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]