Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 The Time Machine (2002) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 1

The Time Machine (2002) 

Post The Time Machine (2002)
The Time Machine

Quote:
The Time Machine is a 2002 American science fiction film loosely adapted from the 1895 novel of the same name by H. G. Wells, and the 1960 film screenplay by David Duncan. It was executive-produced by Arnold Leibovit and directed by Simon Wells, who is the great-grandson of the original author, and stars Guy Pearce, Jeremy Irons, Orlando Jones, Samantha Mumba, Mark Addy, Sienna Guillory, and Phyllida Law with a cameo by Alan Young, who also appeared in the 1960 film adaptation.

The 2002 film is set in New York City instead of London and contains new story elements not present in the original novel, including a romantic backstory, a new scenario about how civilization was destroyed, and several new characters, such as an intelligent hologram played by Orlando Jones and a Morlock leader played by Jeremy Irons.

Director Gore Verbinski was brought in to take over the last 18 days of shooting, as Wells was suffering from "extreme exhaustion". Wells returned for post-production.

It was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Makeup at the 75th Academy Awards; the film lost to Frida.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:29 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Post Re: The Time Machine [2002]
If ever a film was insanely uneven it was this one.

The first half is brilliantly handled, the sorrow of Pearce's character, the truly stunning glimpses of time as he travels forward, it was in short jizztastic to me.

Unfortunately the second half then arrives and somebody decides to throw massive globs of shit at the screen. Irons overacting..................Samanta Mumba displaying a complete inability to act!! Ugh its painful to watch this films quality nosedive so spectacularly.

Can't even grade it fairly the two halfs are so uneven.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:33 pm
The Lubitsch Touch

Seriously. It works until we leap into the future, at which point it becomes as shitty as shitty can be. Ultimately, a pretty big disaster.

Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:54 pm
loyalfromlondon

I haven't seen this since I saw it in theatres over five years ago. I remember thinking the effects were really cool. And that's all I remember. :lol:

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:05 pm
Where will you be?

You know your film is fucked when the 7-Up guy steals the show.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:14 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]