Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The 11th Hour 

What grade would you give this film?
A 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

The 11th Hour 

Post The 11th Hour
The 11th Hour

Quote:
The 11th Hour is a 2007 feature film documentary, created, produced and narrated by Leonardo DiCaprio, on the state of the natural environment. It was directed by Leila Conners Petersen and Nadia Conners and financed by Adam Lewis and Pierre André Senizergues, and distributed by Warner Independent Pictures. Its world premiere was at the 2007 60th Annual Cannes Film Festival (May 16–27, 2007) and it was released on August 17, 2007, in the year in which the Fourth Assessment Report of the United Nations global warming panel IPCC was published and about a year after Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth, another film documentary about global warming.

Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pure Phase

Post Re: The 11th Hour
A fascinating documentary which is equal parts sobering and inspiring. Bravo, Mr. DiCaprio. Better made (and more engaging and informative) than An Inconvenient Truth, but, unfortunately, it was not first out of the gate and has suffered for it.

A

1. The Lost City of Z - 2. A Cure for Wellness - 3. Phantom Thread - 4. T2 Trainspotting - 5. Detroit - 6. Good Time - 7. The Beguiled - 8. The Florida Project - 9. Logan and 10. Molly's Game

Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:40 pm
Deshi Basara

Post Re: The 11th Hour
Spotted this for sale on a rack of cheap movies and grabbed it. VERY glad I did. I watched every single thing on it and wanted a lot more. I thought this was almost better than Inconvenient Truth, though I'll have to watch that again - may buy it this evening.

I read State of Fear awhile back where Crichton slams the environmental movement. He made some good points, but the more I've thought about it the more irresponsible that book seems, despite whatever valid points he makes. Not to disrespect the dead, but somehow, like Atkins, it seems fitting he died of cancer below the average life span. Taking care of Earth starts within.

Most Impressive Openings: Honorable Mentions

Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]