Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Irresistible (2006) 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 100%  100%  [ 2 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Irresistible (2006) 
Dont Mess with the Gez

Post Irresistible (2006)
Irresistible

Quote:
Irresistible is a 2006 film directed by Ann Turner. It stars Susan Sarandon, Sam Neill and Emily Blunt.

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:51 am
No Wire Tampons!

Post Re: Irresistible
Oh dear.

I'm not sure if this film was a mediocre movie with a stroke of clever or if it was a film so bad that it will be displayed with pride next to a Showgirls boxset.

First of all, the plot is, of course, ridiculous. There is nothing here which is mildly reminiscent of new and creative. Essentially we have a tv movie's plot with a ridiculous twist i actually didnt see coming. The acting is very weak all round, especially from Blunt who dissapoints me ever since her great turn in The Devil Wears Prada.

Over-acting, campy at times, and terrible, poorly paced editing makes everything feel disjointed and essentially bad. There are some scenes with editing and shots so weak that it feels like the two characters on screen are talking to different people about different things.

And the dream sequences? Were they shot as part of a high school video project? Why the fuck is it about Owls anyway?

This said, im a fan of terrible daytime TV Movies, so this connected with me on that level. I just don't think anyone legitmately looking for entertainment above "laughing at" level should ever catch this movie.

D

Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
i break the rules, so i don't care

Post Re: Irresistible
I haven't seen this film in a while, but from what i can remember Emily Blunt's accent was terrible. Though the Australian accent is hard to replicate, Blunt kept slipping on every 2nd word.

and yes, the film was ridiculous on many levels.

D

Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]