Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Captivity 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 57%  57%  [ 4 ]
F 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 7

Captivity 

Post Captivity
Captivity

Quote:
Captivity is a 2007 thriller film directed by Roland Joffé, based on a screenplay by Larry Cohen and Joseph Tura, and starring Elisha Cuthbert. The film centers on two people who have been abducted and driven mad.

Last edited by Nebs on Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:20 pm
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

I'd rather have sex with a lice infested Hedgehog then watch this film again. A complete void of entertainment

http://www.worldofkj.com/articleIndex.php?tid=30543

Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:34 pm
Rachel McAdams Fan

What a fucking horrible disaster. I never thought this would be worse than Hostel: Part II, but I was proven wrong. This is one of the dullest, most uninteresting and just plain ridiculous horror films to come along in quite some time. Everything about it is terrible, from the surprisingly awful direction to the weak screenplay and performances. I usually like Elisha Cuthbert, but she was awful here - delivering a one-note, laughable performance. It didn't help that her character was incredibly unlikable, and didn't even experience the "growth" you'd come to expect from her character by the end of the film. Daniel Gillies was also horrible, and the twist at the end regarding his character was incredibly predictable and obvious from the start. The whole thing is filmed with a nauseating tint, making it very unappealing to watch. Also, the film manages to fail miserably at the one thing it tries to do the most - scare the audience. The movie moves at such a lifeless pace that the fast-paced sequences of violence (complete with an obnoxiously loud musical score) seem out of place. They aren't even all that disturbing either, once again proving to be retreads of ideas played out in other films. After Dark Films is officially the worst production company that currently exists, churning out last year's worst film (An American Haunting) and now continuing the trend by delivering this year's worst so far. This is a piece of trash - a movie that should be erased from the resumes of everyone involved. Stay far, far away and forget this movie ever happened.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:03 am
Profile YIM
Orphan

Let me guess: you guys didn't see the new version, which is supposedly an entirely different film. If so, you shouldn't be reviewing it as that's like reviewing an unfinished film as it isn't the one being released.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:47 am
Rachel McAdams Fan

Let me guess: you guys didn't see the new version, which is supposedly an entirely different film. If so, you shouldn't be reviewing it as that's like reviewing an unfinished film as it isn't the one being released.

The version I reviewed was a DVD-quality screener that was available online. I don't know how this film can be "entirely different," especially considering it's basically been released everywhere but the U.S. at this point. And there are no changes to this movie that could be made that would make it tolerable. Everything is already too awful to salvage.

I prefer classier horror movies to this garbage. It still depresses me that the best horror film of the year, Vacancy, was so overlooked.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:56 am
Profile YIM
Rachel McAdams Fan

OK, I finally understand what you are talking about after reading into it a bit more. I believe I saw the "international" version that was released everywhere except the UK and the US.

However, I highly doubt that scenes like this are going to improve the film:

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s4PwceaRgEg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:02 am
Profile YIM
Orphan

Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:07 am
Jordan Mugen-Honda

I saw it in the cinema Joe (It got released at us 3 weeks ago). Biggest waste of a 80 mile round trip ever, I just wanted to go on a drive and figured I'd catch a film while I was at it.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:09 am

Uh, stick until that guy put eye in that multipraktik. Think I can imagine what happen next.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:43 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Uh, stick until that guy put eye in that multipraktik. Think I can imagine what happen next.

Hmmm Tasty.

Was it wrong if I laughed in the cinema when it happened. :unsure:

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:47 am
Gamaur's sex slave

And this coming from the director of 'The Mission', 'The Killing Fields' and 'Fat Man and Little Boy'.

And now he's directing Finding T.A.T.U. about, yup, you guessed it, the russian girl duo.

Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:00 am
Jordan Mugen-Honda

And this coming from the director of 'The Mission', 'The Killing Fields' and 'Fat Man and Little Boy'.

And now he's directing Finding T.A.T.U. about, yup, you guessed it, the russian girl duo.

What the hell happened to this man. :sad:

Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:03 am
Orphan

Surprise surprise, the movie isn't nearly as bad as everyone says it is, at least the new version that supposedly cut multiple subplots out and added some new scenes (and not just the gore ones either). The pace still could use some work but I was entertained, especially for the last half of the film.

Grade: B-

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:19 am
Extraordinary

Quick question: is there a horror film you don't like?

Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:33 am
Orphan

Quick question: is there a horror film you don't like?

Anything made by Ulli Lommel, The Grudge series, Boogeyman (2005), White Noise, An American Haunting, The Abandoned, The Hills Have Eyes 2 (2007), among others.

Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:46 am
College Boy Z

Post Re: Captivity
Elisha Cuthbert + Shotgun = HOT

The rest?

F

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:51 pm
Sbil

Zingaling wrote:
Elisha Cuthbert + Shotgun = HOT

The rest?

F

WHY DID YOU SEE IT

Hah

I mean, come on, what were you expecting after the critical reception it got?

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:00 pm
College Boy Z

Boredom.

I watched it on the computer anyways.

Ironically, I got more bored watching it. Just so freakin' dull.

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:02 pm
Teh Mexican

what a freaking mess and predictible movie. Elisha Cuthbert's Hotness kinda saves the movie :wub2:

D+

Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]