Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Stir of Echoes 

What grade would you give this film?
A 80%  80%  [ 4 ]
B 20%  20%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Stir of Echoes 

Post Stir of Echoes
Stir of Echoes

Quote:
Stir of Echoes is a supernatural horror / thriller released in the United States in 1999, starring Kevin Bacon and directed by David Koepp. The film is loosely based on the novel of the same name by Richard Matheson.

Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

Quite an atmospheric little thriller. Though it suffers from comparisons to The Sixth Sense, it's pretty creepy and scary in its own right, and is certainly darker than it. Kevin Bacon is terrific, and the little kid is actually not that annoying. Add in stylish direction and some purely frightening moments, and this is definitely an underrated film. The climax is somewhat Hollywood and conventional, but the rest of the film is not. One of the best horrors from the wasteland of the 90s.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:36 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Quite an atmospheric little thriller. Though it suffers from comparisons to The Sixth Sense, it's pretty creepy and scary in its own right, and is certainly darker than it. Kevin Bacon is terrific, and the little kid is actually not that annoying. Add in stylish direction and some purely frightening moments, and this is definitely an underrated film. The climax is somewhat Hollywood and conventional, but the rest of the film is not. One of the best horrors from the wasteland of the 90s.

That pretty much my view as well.

Very underrated triller.

A-

Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:10 pm
Squee

I thought it was much better than the similarly themed Sixth Sense that came out a couple months before it.

***1/2

:glare:

Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:21 am
You must have big rats

A very underrated, creepy little flick with a great performance by Kevin Bacon. He really should have become a bigger star as he has proven himself as a great actor many many times throughout his career. The film doesn't offer anything really groundbreaking, but is is tense at times and one of the few films which jump scenes worked on me well (then again, I was 13 or 14 when I first saw it). The conclusion is not very surprising, but the overall story is still good, elevated by Bacon's performance and a well-crafted atmosphere.

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:39 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]