Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Transformers 

What grade would you give this film?
A 50%  50%  [ 46 ]
B 33%  33%  [ 30 ]
C 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
D 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
F 3%  3%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 92

Transformers 
On autopilot for the summer

Post Re: Transformers (2007)
Corpse wrote:
Thegun wrote:
bABA wrote:
Corpse wrote:
B-

I thought it'd be more...epic? Reminds me of when I first watched 300 after reading the mass of positive best movie ever reviews/comments. Not really, but they made it sound that way. Megan Fox was pretty horrid really. Has she stared in anything else? Shia is fine though, and a good choice as the lead. None of the characters seemed interesting to me though, Shia kinda did, but he was the only one. I wanted some of the Transformers to be hyped or something throughout the film. Like when they first began talking about Megatron. I wanted him to fully explode onto the scene and whatnot, but it's nothing that huge. And I kept getting some of the Transformers confused in the final battle at the end. Mainly the ones that were just introduced a few minutes beforehand. And Optimus Prime was...uhm..I was expecting him to be the total badass for the Autobots, but he got his ass kicked the entire fight!!! Some of the action sequences were really good, and the Visuals are great, but nothing really wowed me. The last battle was good, but I wanted more.

optimus is never meant to be a badass.

and the autobots are meant to be very very weak. the whole story about transformers is about how they know they're completely outclassed but continue to fight till the bitter end.

So its likes Small Soldiers but on a larger scale basically. I got to get this one on DVD see how it holds up on the smaller screen.

Small Soldiers is actually...the PERfEcT comparison.

Haha, the story has a lot in common too. The Nerd getting the girl, the father was played by the same actor :twisted:

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:26 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Thegun wrote:
Corpse wrote:
Thegun wrote:
bABA wrote:
Corpse wrote:
B-

I thought it'd be more...epic? Reminds me of when I first watched 300 after reading the mass of positive best movie ever reviews/comments. Not really, but they made it sound that way. Megan Fox was pretty horrid really. Has she stared in anything else? Shia is fine though, and a good choice as the lead. None of the characters seemed interesting to me though, Shia kinda did, but he was the only one. I wanted some of the Transformers to be hyped or something throughout the film. Like when they first began talking about Megatron. I wanted him to fully explode onto the scene and whatnot, but it's nothing that huge. And I kept getting some of the Transformers confused in the final battle at the end. Mainly the ones that were just introduced a few minutes beforehand. And Optimus Prime was...uhm..I was expecting him to be the total badass for the Autobots, but he got his ass kicked the entire fight!!! Some of the action sequences were really good, and the Visuals are great, but nothing really wowed me. The last battle was good, but I wanted more.

and the autobots are meant to be very very weak. the whole story about transformers is about how they know they're completely outclassed but continue to fight till the bitter end.

So its likes Small Soldiers but on a larger scale basically. I got to get this one on DVD see how it holds up on the smaller screen.

Haha, the story has a lot in common too. The Nerd getting the girl, the father was played by the same actor :twisted:

And the father acted very much the same in Transformers. And the mother was a little out there in Small Soldiers too, like in Transformers. And the nerd killing...the Main Bad Toy whatever his name was, grr. The nerd also killed the Main Bad guy in Transformers. After the main bad guys almost killed the main good guy.

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:28 am
Profile WWW
Wallflower

Simply put, TRANSFORMERS is quite lame. It's really cheesy and the dialogue is terrible. So many of the lines are cringe-inducingly bad. The thought of people finding this funny or exciting makes me cringe. This movie just goes to show that, for the most part, moviegoers are idiots when it comes to what they find entertaining. All they need is explosions and they're happy. I personally thought it was all rather boring and the characters were morons.

Nothing in this offers an ounce of the fun that PLANET TERROR did. I know this is more family-friendly, but it's also pathetic, which I guess goes hand-in-hand with family-friendly.

Now watch as my thoughts transform into a rating of a 4/10 (D+).

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:13 pm
Extraordinary

The script really is god-awful and amateur.

Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:51 pm
On autopilot for the summer

Corpse wrote:
Thegun wrote:
Corpse wrote:
Thegun wrote:
bABA wrote:
Corpse wrote:
B-

And the father acted very much the same in Transformers. And the mother was a little out there in Small Soldiers too, like in Transformers. And the nerd killing...the Main Bad Toy whatever his name was, grr. The nerd also killed the Main Bad guy in Transformers. After the main bad guys almost killed the main good guy.

Hmmm, I smell a conspiracy all of a sudden. What else?

They are both Spielberg Produced
Phil Hartman+ Jay Mohr = John Turturo
David Cross = Anthony Anderson

:shock:

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:38 pm
loyalfromlondon

Except Megan Fox is infinitely hotter than Kirsten Dunst. :thumbsup:

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:35 pm
Killing With Kindness

Corpse wrote:
BJ wrote:
Corpse wrote:
B-

You now drop a point on BJs kewl meter :disgust:

:( Will an AIM chat change that? :(

possibly :D

Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:35 am
Profile WWW
Squee

I...... liked it..... :huh:

***1/2

:glare:

Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:59 pm
Don't Dream It, Be It

Squee wrote:
I...... liked it..... :huh:

***1/2

:er:

“Gods are great ... but the heart is greater. For it is from our hearts they come, and to our hearts they shall return.”
“We were like gods at the dawning of the world, & our joy was so bright we could see nothing else but the other.”
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
“You have to pretend you get an endgame. You have to carry on like you will; otherwise, you can't carry on at all.”
"Paper is dead without words / Ink idle without a poem / All the world dead without stories."

Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:51 pm
Profile WWW
Star Trek XI

i thought transformers was really good. i would love to see it at IMAX!

Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:49 pm
Wallflower

trixster wrote:

I didn't think she was that hot at all. I prefer unique though. She looked like she was made of plastic and like every other model out there. Kirsten is better by far, if I had to choose between them.

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:00 am
KJ's Leading Pundit

Mike wrote:
trixster wrote:

I didn't think she was that hot at all. I prefer unique though. She looked like she was made of plastic and like every other model out there. Kirsten is better by far, if I had to choose between them.

Kirsten looks like a cracked up hooker.

trixster wrote:
chippy is correct

Rev wrote:
Fuck Trump

Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:06 am
He didn't look busy?!

a terribly overrated film; I hate how just because sequels like Spider-man 3 and At World's End were disappointments meant that they were looked upon as lesser films than this. Transformers is a fun ride, no doubt, but it's so incredibly soulless and style-less - only relying on visual effects and throwing away character development, a good script, or any real emotion - that it's impossible to take any more seriously than just cheap entertainment. I give it a good grade because it's so fun to watch, but my god how this doesn't hold a candle to films like SM3 and AWE, which were at least touched by human hands in their production.

B-

Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
The Antichrist

A pain in the ass. A movie (if it can be called a movie) with demented dialogues, weak acting and characters, a direction good only for a TV commercial and a huge wagon of boredom. F (+, thanks to Voight).

I absolutely need to purify myself with some Charlie Chaplin.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:58 pm
Forum General

This is a film that clearly showed how my taste in film has greatly changed.

Before watching a lot of the great films of our, I would have easily had this is the best film of 2007.

However things i would have normally ignore in these kinds of films, I noticed.

When i thought more critically about the film, I realized how hallow and shallow the film was. I noticed the massive plot holes and the storyline really became pointless. Also the acting and dialogue was just quite pathetic.

So if we look at the film from that point of view it was not good at all.

However the movie had great humour which was really the high lite of the film. The action was just spectatcular and easily some of the best ever made. The film was very entertaining.

The film had great humour,action and breasts and that would really would make any fan of film happy.

B-

wow, i have hated every single major blockbuster this year.

spider man D+
Shrek C-
AWE B-
Hp5 B
300 B

IMO only Borne and American Gangster were the really well made huge hits.

Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:07 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

I'm not sure how B's and B-'s imply hating a film, but whatever. :huh:

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:32 pm
Jordan Mugen-Honda

Omni wrote:
A pain in the ass. A movie (if it can be called a movie) with demented dialogues, weak acting and characters, a direction good only for a TV commercial and a huge wagon of boredom. F (+, thanks to Voight).

I absolutely need to purify myself with some Charlie Chaplin.

Don't include the S in Dialogue. Seriously this is a free English lesson (and no Im not being sarcastic or anything, It just seems nobody ever pointed out this error to you)

Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:36 pm

It was pretty awful. But atleast I know now how kamal got his new nickname.

Sadly, even in action department, it dissapoints greatly. Though, there is one sequence that was pretty excellent. Bonecrusher's demise by the hands of Optimus Prime.

D.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:21 pm
Profile WWW
Forum General

Quote:
I'm not sure how B's and B-'s imply hating a film, but whatever.

trust me, before watching some of "essentials", as they are sometimes called. I Would give any film an A- or A and i thought the best film ever made was ROTK. Now it is like in my top 20 now...

I would have given Spider man and Shrek B's and AWE and Hp5 and TF an A....

Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:14 am
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Mannyisthebest wrote:
wow, i have hated every single major blockbuster this year.

spider man D+
Shrek C-
AWE B-
Hp5 B
300 B

IMO only Borne and American Gangster were the really well made huge hits.

What about Ratatouille and Knocked Up?

Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:53 pm
Forum General

Ratatouille was a solid B+ and it was a good animation film for once but is nothing in comparison to FN and Toy Story and such...

and Knocked Up was a great laugh, was an a solid B+...

I usually like more satirical comedies like Dr. Stangelove and I never give a comedy a A to A+ apart from Month Python and Airplane!

A and A+ to me now is not just a great film, its now an all time classic.... So B to me now is a really good film.

Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:56 am
Profile WWW
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

Besides watching the ocassional youtube from baba, I knew nothing about the Transformers going into this flick. The movie was a lot different than I thought it would be. I thought it was going to be a lot more kiddy than it was. I thought it did a nice job at pandering to everybody from 8 years old on up to middle age.

It definitely was a big, loud, and dumb movie... and 'dumb' may be a bit of an understatement. But, dammit... it was very entertaining. It was also very pretty with a ton of very nice CGI effects. And, while I'm not a new converted Tranformer fan, I though the robots definitely stole the show here.

I'll go with a B/B+

Oh, and can anybody explain to me why when the bad Transformers were after the Rubik's cube that the good guys decided to take it to a highly populated city instead of a place where less people would be killed by the ensuing carnage?

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:40 pm
Forum General

I am so split about this film...
I have the DVD and my cousins watch it over and over again and I always get so entertained by the film, but not enough to ignore the real flaws in this film....

I love it because it is so much fun, but I hate it for being so pointless....

Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:39 am
Profile WWW
Jordan Mugen-Honda

billybobwashere wrote:
a terribly overrated film; I hate how just because sequels like Spider-man 3 and At World's End were disappointments meant that they were looked upon as lesser films than this. Transformers is a fun ride, no doubt, but it's so incredibly soulless and style-less - only relying on visual effects and throwing away character development, a good script, or any real emotion - that it's impossible to take any more seriously than just cheap entertainment. I give it a good grade because it's so fun to watch, but my god how this doesn't hold a candle to films like SM3 and AWE, which were at least touched by human hands in their production.

B-

What the hell are you talking about????

Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:24 am
Devil's Advocate

Honestly... I wasn't looking to take this movie seriously or character development/emotion. I was looking for goofy entertainment and it delivered in spades.

Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next