Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Star Trek: Nemesis 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2

Post Star Trek: Nemesis

Quote:
Star Trek Nemesis is a 2002 science fiction film directed by Stuart Baird, written by John Logan (from a story developed by Logan, Brent Spiner, and producer Rick Berman), and with music composed by Jerry Goldsmith. It is the tenth feature film in the Star Trek franchise, and the fourth and final film to star the cast from the television series Star Trek: The Next Generation. It follows the mission of the crew of the USS Enterprise-E as they are forced to deal with a threat to the United Federation of Planets from a Reman clone of Captain Picard named Shinzon who has taken control of the Romulan Star Empire in a coup.

Nemesis acted as a swan song for The Next Generation cast, as could be seen from the film's tagline of "A generation's final journey begins". The film was the least commercially successful in the franchise, and was poorly received by the majority of critics.

Sat Jun 23, 2007 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Extraordinary

Star Trek 10: Nemesis -- The Even/Odd Cycle is Broken!

Though not as stinkingly bad as Star Trek 9: Insurrection - Star Trek 10: Nemesis comes frighteningly close. The clunky story paralyzes the whole affair until towards the end it seemed like an old Thunderbird TV episode with all the slow moving machinery. The producers really must have a death wish for this franchise, what with another crummy story and releasing it 5 days before Lord of the Rings, not to mention that abomination on TV - Enterprise.

Still despite all of this, as an old Trekkie, I can't help but to enjoy seeing the gang suit up one more time - if only they wouldn't disappoint me so...

2 out of 5.

(This is the first bad even numbered entry in the series -- though I personally liked ST:V better than ST:VI...)

Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:58 pm
Stanley Cup

Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]