Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:09 am

Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Ratatouille 

What grade would you give this film?
A 81%  81%  [ 67 ]
B 17%  17%  [ 14 ]
C 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 83

Ratatouille 
Commander and Chef

Post Re: Ratatouille
i think i'm the only person who didn't find ratatoiulle as good as the other pixar films. A- for me.

Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Yes we can call dibs on the mountain guide

Ratatouille makes me hungry. Since food is better than sex, that's an A+

Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:47 pm
loyalfromlondon

Magnus wrote:
trixster wrote:
Magnus wrote:
Anyone who thinks Incredibles than this should be slapped.

:disgust:

I also like to make complete sentences.

:pinch:

You may have won this time. But come next time....eh, I'll probably mess something else up next time.

:funny:

At least you won that bet we had on Superman Returns.... oh, wait, no you didn't. Sorry. :P

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:29 pm
Devil's Advocate

You're still not making sense :|

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:10 pm
loyalfromlondon

You kinda contradicted yourself. You said that the thing that put this light years ahead of other CGI films was the story, and then you went on to praise the animation, saying that the story was flawed. So which is it?

I'll give you that the animation was better, but not by such an amount that I can overlook the flaws I found in the story. The Incredibles had pretty good animation in its own right, and a much better and more mature story.

Same.

Algren wrote:

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:40 pm
He didn't look busy?!

Pixar's second best work to date, and the second best animated film I've ever seen -- both ranking just behind "Finding Nemo." Every effort brings Pixar a bit closer to making a film that feels completely human, even if it isn't going for the kind of totally-life-like animation that films like "Beowulf" use.

A+

Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:59 pm
Profile WWW
loyalfromlondon

Magnus wrote:
OFF TOPIC:
Mother fucker. I don't know why I said story. I'm just out of it right now. Have had two hours of sleep in the past three days. Not functioning properly.

Just ignore pretty much anything I've said in the past two days as it probably doesn't make any damn sense. Though I assume most ignore me anyways.

Heh, don't worry about it. And I always value your movie reviews, even if I disagree with you a lot of the time.

Quote:
ON TOPIC:

Rat story: Not weak, but not excellent. Better than average but not that special
Rat animation: Excellent enough to make the film as a whole great.

I saw you gave this a B+, so we're about the same on this film. The only thing we're disagreeing on is The Incredibles.

Same.

Algren wrote:

Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:17 pm
No Wire Tampons!

LOVED it.

Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
I just lost the game

Very enjoyable. The animation was absoFUCKINglutely stunning, as is to be expected with Pixar. The characters were...alright. Not as strong as a Woody/Buzz, or Marlin/Nemo, or Mike/Sulley, but strong enough for believability. I think Mr. Bird tried to put just a bit too much in the movie. It all worked, but not as strong as something like Nemo or Incredibles.

I'd like to note that Brad Bird has an amazing sense of action. The chase scene in the middle of the movie was really well done, however short it was. After The Iron Giant and The Incredibles, he's one of my favorite directors for action sequences.

A-

Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:31 pm
You must have big rats

I finally laid my eyes upon this flick and I must say that it delivered pretty much what I expected. It is rare that I come across an animted flick that I grade highly. I think Spirited Away was the last one to receive an A from me. Ratatouille comes close, but doesn't quite make it. I liked it more than The Incredible (by a little bit) and than A Bug's Life, but certainly less than Toy Story 2.

To the good aspects: The animation was simply superb. It is amazing how much it improved over the years. The characters were very well-done, though some were caricatures, that didn't bother me. I loved Anton Ego (as did everyone, I think) and of course Remy himself. The scenery of Paris is created beautifully. I think it really transcends the feel of this beautiful city. Speaking of transcending a feel...I never thought that an animated movie could make food look as delicious as Ratatouille managed to do. Simply superb! The action-laden parts worked very well too, once again, I have to praise the advances in CGI animation for that. On top of all that, the movie had a good message and had a heart in the right place. Certainly something for an uplifting watch. Also, I found the ending to be rather surprising in some parts.

On the downside, I felt that movie could have used some more humor. The Toy Story flicks have shown that humor and heart can co-exist in such a film. This is where I fear Ratatouille didn't succeed as well. Furthermore, apart from some aspects of the ending I found ti to be very predictable, but I guess that's something that is typical of such films.

On the whole, I certainly don't see it as a masterpiece that most of you do, folks, but this is a great achievement of Pixar in a time in which many studios crank out half-baked, bland CGI products like Open Season or Robots.

Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:21 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Freaking beautiful!... :cry: Loved everything about it.. except for the part were the Rats were cooking, that was kinda gross but its a movie so..

A+

Its between Finding Nemo and this one for my favorite Pixar movie. Cant decide.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:40 pm
Cream of the Crop

I'm definitely on the "very enjoyable, but not the masterpiece everyone is saying it is" boat.

Don't get me wrong. The animation is as stunning as ever, and the script is typical Pixar. It's definitely a step above many animated flicks I've seen in this decade. It just lacks something for me... that special ingredient that made Anton Ego remember his childhood... I don't know, I was just expecting a bigger emotional punch in the end. :| Maybe seeing Atonement on the same day before it didn't help.

Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:22 pm
Profile WWW
He didn't look busy?!

while i absolutely loved this movie, the one part i didn't get was that old, masked gun woman. WTF was going on there? :wacko:

Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Squee

billybobwashere wrote:
while i absolutely loved this movie, the one part i didn't get was that old, masked gun woman. WTF was going on there? :wacko:

comic relief

:glare:

Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:17 am
He didn't look busy?!

oh i see. Well I think the problem with that is that it's a great example of why kids didn't love this movie like we did. An old woman putting on a World War 1-like mask and blowing her house apart with no less than a shotgun isn't the sorta thing kids probably find funny as much as freaky.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:24 am
Profile WWW
Squee

billybobwashere wrote:
oh i see. Well I think the problem with that is that it's a great example of why kids didn't love this movie like we did. An old woman putting on a World War 1-like mask and blowing her house apart with no less than a shotgun isn't the sorta thing kids probably find funny as much as freaky.

Well kids are stupid, I think we can all agree on that. I don't particularly care if they didn't like it as much as me! :thumbsup:

:glare:

Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:57 am

That was Ratatouille biggest problem, it didn't connect with kids like most animated films, instead it is best geared towards critics, artists, intellectuals, Pixar fans, old folks, and of course chefs, but no kids on the list even if that was their intended target.

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:33 am
Dont Mess with the Gez

I finally saw Rataouille and :whaa: I can't believe I may be putting this as my favourite film of 2007. In a fortnight where ive seen such brilliant classics like No Country for Old Men, Zodiac, LA Confidential and Into the Wild - along comes this little animated film that blew me away.

I agree with what alot of people have said - its not really a kids film but its just brilliant in every way - cute, smart and subtle humour, great animation and just plain adorable. The only thing i found off putting was the rats cooking - yuk. But how they managed to make a film about rats in a kitchen so damn good is a testament to Pixar and Bird. Fantastic :thumbsup:

Its easily my fave Pixar film (ahead of TS2 and Monsters Inc) and for now ties The Lion King as my fave animated film - but may surpass it very on second viewing.

Grade : A+

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:20 am
You must have big rats

MadGez wrote:
I finally saw Rataouille and :whaa: I can't believe I may be putting this as my favourite film of 2007. In a fortnight where ive seen such brilliant classics like No Country for Old Men, Zodiac, LA Confidential and Into the Wild - along comes this little animated film that blew me away.

I agree with what alot of people have said - its not really a kids film but its just brilliant in every way - cute, smart and subtle humour, great animation and just plain adorable. The only thing i found off putting was the rats cooking - yuk. But how they managed to make a film about rats in a kitchen so damn good is a testament to Pixar and Bird. Fantastic :thumbsup:

Its easily my fave Pixar film (ahead of TS2 and Monsters Inc) and for now ties The Lion King as my fave animated film - but may surpass it very on second viewing.

L.A. Confidential? 2007? :er:

Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:18 pm
Profile WWW
Dont Mess with the Gez

Dr. Lecter wrote:
MadGez wrote:

L.A. Confidential? 2007? :er:

heh I meant that I saw it for the first time 2 days ago and its a great film (not that its a 2007 film).

And sadly i voted for Moulin Rouge over it in the Best Pic thread (but that was close anyway).

What's your favourite movie summer? Let us know @

http://worldofkj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85934

Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:06 pm
Leader of the Pack

Bump...

JUST VOTED WOKJ BEST PICTURE OF 2007!!!

Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:14 pm
Extraordinary

One of my favorite Pixar films in quite a while.

A-

Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:00 am
Forum General

Congrats to Ratatouille on its animated picture win. :wub2:

Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:06 am
Undisputed WoKJ DVD King

On the good side, Ratatouille did feel a little more adult than most films of this flavor, and it was a decent story with some very nice animation. I liked it's underlying theme of art vs. critics.

On the downside, while I realize it's an animated film with a talking rat, I had trouble getting past the fact the rat could control every little movement by pulling on the kids hair. Also, I'm not sure I really got too attached to any of the characters.

In the end, it was enjoyable and it definitely made me want to cook something afterwards, so for that I'll give it a B.

Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:56 pm
The Original

A very cute movie. Maybe more adult than other PIXAR movies but wayne.

I loved it and the animations are stunning!

10/10

Btw: I saw that on Blue Ray Disc. Well You can see every detail and so you see the huge work that is in it!

Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next