Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 The Invisible 

What grade would you give this film?
A 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
C 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
D 29%  29%  [ 2 ]
F 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

The Invisible 

Post The Invisible
The Invisible

Quote:
The Invisible is a 2007 American supernatural thriller teen film starring Justin Chatwin, Margarita Levieva, Chris Marquette, Marcia Gay Harden, and Callum Keith Rennie. The movie was released in theaters on April 27, 2007 and on DVD and Blu-ray Disc on October 16, 2007.

The Invisible is a remake of the Swedish film, Den Osynlige, which was based on the novel of the same name by Mats Wahl. The Invisible was shot mostly in and around Vancouver.

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Team Kris

I think the movie tried way, waaay too much to be a lot more than what it really is. There's a good story and good execution beneath that pile of plotholes, exaggerated characters, and ridiculous actions. (SPOILER: a fucking bleeding-to death convict girl appeared in the hospital and nobody rush to at least help or see what was going on??? Oh, and the film becomes Ghost Part 2 in the same hospital sequence, it made me yearn for Oda Mae and Sam) Marketing was a bit misleading as well as this was 50% a story about the "murderer" and 50% the victim. Marcia Gay Harden though was very good as a controlling bitch of a mom.

C+

Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:41 am
You must have big rats

Oh boy, I really disliked this one. The whole movie is one huge wandering cliché. An unlikeable rich emo protagonist who I didn't care for at all. A convict girl who is actually good at heart and comes from bad family circumstances...puh-lease! The best friend of the protagonist is simply a moron. Moreover, it seems to me like the movie was quite falsely marketed. The trailer made it seem like Annie was able to communicate with the (un)dead guy, whereas in the film it was more like some sort of a "feeling". Now I could live with all the stupid clichés if the story had been some kind of engaging...but, hell, it wasn't! I simply bored myself throughout most of it. The only good things to write home about it are Marcia Gay Harden's acting (the only really good acting in the whole movie) and the rather unconventional ending. Thank God, they didn't end up going with a happy ending. Thus far, however, it is the worst movie I have seen this year. A clichéd bore.

Mon May 21, 2007 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
Teh Mexican

Post Re: The Invisible
pfff i liked it.. a lot actually. :happy:

B+

Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:04 pm
Team Kris

matatonio wrote:
pfff i liked it.. a lot actually. :happy:

B+

Emo!!! :mer:

Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:34 am
loyalfromlondon

I pretty much agree with Lecter. This is a bizarre, baffling movie, and not in the good sense. Each character seems ripped out of various stereotypes from various genres - from supernatural thriller to after-school special to police procedural - and so there's no less than four different stories going on here at the same time. Combine that with the lack of likeable characters, stilted acting, and some truly horrid dialogue, and this is a mess of a film. It's also incredibly irritating with its faux-cool emo themes and completely unrealistic setting. Occasionally, it manages to be genuinely suspenseful and creepy, but those moments are few and far between. And the ending is simply terrible. Nearly unbearable to watch and also fairly unintentionally funny.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:06 pm
Extraordinary

THE INVISIBLE

GRADE D

I rented this 112407 and had been trying to rent it a couple times before but they were all gone. I was interested in watching the film because I like supernatural type films. This film just didn't do much for me. It wasn't very thrilling or interesting and the film does a very good job at making you hate Annie but then making her somehow be able to hear him and then kind of get redemption in the end was unjustified to me. I also got tired of him just speaking into space throughout the film too. There just wasn't much he could do. Overall, I found it boring and a waste of my rental coupon.

45TH PRESIDENT OF THE U.S.A. DONALD J. TRUMP
#MAGA #KAG!
10,000 post achieved on - Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:49 pm

Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:49 pm
Wow. This is the worst movie I've seen in years.

Everything about this movie was awful. Marcia Gay Harden seemed like the best actress in the history of the world compared to everyone else in this filth. I even like(d) some of the other actors here (not so much now), but this was unbearable. I actually had to pause it and come back a few times, I could not believe the complete garbage I was watching.

The stomach-turning emo soundtrack was offensive.

The setting was absolutely puzzling. Sometimes it was a beautiful, upscale town full of rich folk with mansions with nothing but glass walls. Sometimes it was Shittytown, USA, complete with sirens in the background and peeling paint and pure white trash.

From the moment Annie appeared I was cringing. The "bad ass" look was hanus and utterly laughable. I wanted someone to rip that ridiculous beanie off her head and burn it. I kind of got excited for a second when she burned her murderer clothes, hoping it was the end of that beanie, but then the camera panned up and she's got another one on (or the same one, everyone in this movie was the epitome of the word "moron").

I'm puzzled as to how someone could write this, let alone direct it. Any remaining respect for Goyer is gone after watching this, and he was already on his last legs after Blade:Trinity and Jumper.

What in the hell happened with Pete? Or Marcus?

Pete downed all those pills and then had the little chat with Nick, but then his parents stumbled across him and he was back in his body talking about Nick. Then we never saw or heard of him again.

Marcus got non-fatally shot by Annie and then she ran off, and that was the end of anything to do with him.

I'm just...I'm amazed that people spent money to make this and...and I've honestly not seen something this horrific in a long, long time.

F

Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]