Register  |  Sign In
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Ghostbusters II 

What grade would you give this film?
A 60%  60%  [ 3 ]
B 40%  40%  [ 2 ]
C 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
D 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
F 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 5

Ghostbusters II 

Post Ghostbusters II
Ghostbusters II

Quote:
Ghostbusters II is a 1989 science fiction comedy film produced and directed by Ivan Reitman. It is the sequel to the 1984 film Ghostbusters and follows the further adventures of a group of parapsychologists and their organization which combats paranormal activities. The film was a box office success despite mixed reviews.

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:03 am
Profile WWW
On autopilot for the summer

So what we have is a very solid sequel, but nowhere near the magic of the first. I think it comes down that it had a safer feel to it. The first was more PG-13 with the actors having fun, while here they're more a little held back. But the effects are significantly better, there are still some great lines and the characters are still just as fun. After Indy 4, another Ghostbusters is up there for me. They would have so much fun with the age factor.

A-

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:27 am
New Server, Same X

Agreed with Thegun. A solid sequel that never stood a chance of being as good or better than the original. Still, very very solid.

A-

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:41 pm
On autopilot for the summer

"Venkman"
"I've worked with better, but not many, thank you"

Chippy wrote:
As always, fuck Thegun.

Chippy wrote:
I want to live vicariously through you, Thegun!

Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:23 pm
loyalfromlondon

Not nearly as good as the first; it's not as funny or as spectacular, and it becomes quite silly at times. The cast is still trying as hard, and there are no weak performances (save for maybe Peter MacNicol with a terrible accent) but the script falters a bit and the visuals aren't a marked improvement over the first. I did like the ending montage with the Titanic arriving and such, but much of the movie is just a copy of the first, right down to the monstrous figure walking through New York at the end. Though the image of the Statue of Liberty walking is pretty cool. It is pretty funny at time, too, and Bill Murray is as good as ever, but it really just suffers from being a lesser sequel.

Same.

Algren wrote:
I don't think. I predict. ;)

Mon May 07, 2007 7:21 pm
You must have big rats

Agreed with Mr. X and Thegun. It is very solid and hugely entertaining on its own, just not as great as the original, but it couldn't have possibly been anyway. I would love to see another sequel, though.

Mon May 07, 2007 10:56 pm
Profile WWW
now we know

Man, I used to watch this a lot when I was a child. I just watched it for the first time since then and it's great to watch now. When I was younger, I was actually kind of scared by the painting man and his European messenger dude when he comes to get the baby (dressed as a granny). Good comedy (especially much of what Bill Murray says which when I was child obviously I didn't get). Very good movie. The effects obviously do not hold up, but it's nice to watch and adds character. Bill Murray and Dan Ackroyd really make this movie. Ramis is cool too. The black dude needn't be there.

A-

STOP UIGHUR GENOCIDE IN XINJIANG
FIGHT FOR TAIWAN INDEPENDENCE
FREE TIBET
LIBERATE HONG KONG
BOYCOTT MADE IN CHINA

Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:46 am
Profile WWW
New Server, Same X

Post Re: Ghostbusters II
Ghostbusters II remains a vastly underrated sequel. It still doesn't match the original, but it's too bad it catches so much flack for not being in the same league as the original classic. One thing that holds up for me is that there are genuinely scary moments in there, more so than the original. But that could be a personal thing, this is probably the first scary movie I watched as a kid and those scenes still stick with me as scary.

It does admittedly succumb to sequelitis in spots, mimicking parts of the original. But there's enough new material for me.

Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]